By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Phil Spencer criticizes buying exclusive content/DLC

Basically he tweeted this

but buying console and timed exlcusive games is OK, right? i mean they just had a game (Dead Rising 4) release which is a timed exclusive. lol. what a hack. 

Around the Network

The irony.

Tbf Tomb Raider and Dead Rising 4 were probably deals made when Don Mattrick was head of xbox.

He's talking about content of a game, not complete games, most companies seem to do it and he's not wrong. Nice way to try spin things though. Can guarantee it would have taken a lot longer to appear in a thread had it been a Sony rep saying this.

He's ok. A great facsimile at the very least. The people in the lab should be proud. At least he doesn't remind me of the devil, like Peter Moore did:

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

He is basically contradicting himself and the company he is working for. Truth is when you cant outsell competition; better criticize opposition for using the same tactics you used. Phil Spencer is a big bald liar and talking like hypocrite.

I nearly spit out my soup when I saw the thread title.

I'm fine with this as long as it's clear that he's also criticizing Microsoft. Historically, they've been one of the worst for this.

Didn't xbox start this whole area of doing this?

BraLoD said:
pokoko said:
I nearly spit out my soup when I saw the thread title.

I'm fine with this as long as it's clear that he's also criticizing Microsoft. Historically, they've been one of the worst for this.

What kind of soup are we talking about?

My mother's homemade vegetable soup with extra cow meat.  She worries that I eat too much microwave stuff so she brought me 3 cartons of frozen "leftovers".  Can't waste that on spin tweets.

jason1637 said:
Tbf Tomb Raider and Dead Rising 4 were probably deals made when Don Mattrick was head of xbox.

Tomb Raider was announced as multiplat and Phil was already the head of xbox so he was the man who made that deal... DR4 might be true because they could made it before xbox one launch for DR3 and DR4.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4