By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 3DS Tops PS2 In Japan

Well, it barely managed to reach that milestone before being replaced by the Switch, but hey, congratulations nonetheless.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Shows the immense difference between the Japanese and Western markets. Japan really is the handhelds capital of the world, it seems. Switch could do nicely there.

Amazing work!
I would say that it was a clever idea for Nintendo to released a "mid gen upgrade" with the New 3DS. I expect them to do the same for the Switch.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Hard work paid off, I still think Nintendo gave up on console market with the Switch, I know we can connect it to our screens but it's still a handheld

That's why you shouldn't expect big sales in Japan for games on home consoles these days.

Around the Network

Worldwide sales are what matters tho.

Darwinianevolution said:
Well, it barely managed to reach that milestone before being replaced by the Switch, but hey, congratulations nonetheless.

It did so in half the time on the market. 

What a beast!

RolStoppable said:
I don't see why "handhelds sell better" should count as an argument against 3DS sales when the PS2 pulled off its numbers when home consoles sold better. So no need to worry about that, spurge. Instead hype it up as a miraculous feat because Japan is all about mobile gaming now.

To me,  a handheld is a handheld, not a home console.

I know this will probably lead to debates but whatever. 

Jpcc86 said:
Worldwide sales are what matters tho.

Yes and no. This just tells us what is happening in the gaming market in Japan. 

Pocky Lover Boy!