By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I flew too close to the 1TF sun and my Switch wings melted.

I've got a call here from 2012. They're asking for their specs back.

Around the Network
Mowco said:
onionberry said:

Because the thread was about power? The xone is like 4 times more powerful than a wii u and switch is like 2.5 more powerful than a wii u when the device is docked, that's like 1.5 behind xbox one, hardware wise that's close. I say If they have such a boner for power buy a gtx 1080 and plug that shit inside your ahole

It's not 1.5 behind XBO. Docked - 400Gflops XBO - 1.3Tflops It's a little less than a third. I don't think it's about people having a "boner for power" they're not after the MOST powerful system otherwise they'd never be interested in the switch even prior to this news. I was on the fence when I thought it was going to be a 600Gflop system and expected 400 Gflop's undocked. I didn't expect 400 Docked and 150 Undocked. It's not about wanting a power-house such as the 1080. It's about wanting a device that is powerful ENOUGH, that is somewhat competent. How long will this device last? Are we going to be gaming on a 400Gflop "home console" in 2020? Alongside the ps5 and next xbox? Such a pitiful device doesn't deserve a free pass cause it's nintendo. If this was an Xbox/PlayStation you would mock the shit out of it.

If this was xbox and playstation they would have a big vcr case or a big triple cheeseburger always pluged to a power source with that power then yeah I would mock the shit out of it but we are talking about a device thiner than a dualshock that can produce better performance than a wii u when undocked and much better performance when is docked for $250, now give me a better deal of a device like that and then I will understand the rage.

Mowco said:
onionberry said:

Because the thread was about power? The xone is like 4 times more powerful than a wii u and switch is like 2.5 more powerful than a wii u when the device is docked, that's like 1.5 behind xbox one, hardware wise that's close. I say If they have such a boner for power buy a gtx 1080 and plug that shit inside your ahole

It's not 1.5 behind XBO. Docked - 400Gflops XBO - 1.3Tflops It's a little less than a third. I don't think it's about people having a "boner for power" they're not after the MOST powerful system otherwise they'd never be interested in the switch even prior to this news. I was on the fence when I thought it was going to be a 600Gflop system and expected 400 Gflop's undocked. I didn't expect 400 Docked and 150 Undocked. It's not about wanting a power-house such as the 1080. It's about wanting a device that is powerful ENOUGH, that is somewhat competent. How long will this device last? Are we going to be gaming on a 400Gflop "home console" in 2020? Alongside the ps5 and next xbox? Such a pitiful device doesn't deserve a free pass cause it's nintendo. If this was an Xbox/PlayStation you would mock the shit out of it.

I feel ashamed I wanted xbone power in a 2017 console. Truly my expectations were far too high, and I'm a power nazi.

potato_hamster said:
onionberry said:
Why is that people is so fucking whiny towards Nintendo and always talk about the same power bullshit and not about new option that Nintendo is trying to offer, the future gameplay design and games, omg but let's be happy because now I have more teraflops on my playstation and I can play shit games at 45 fps and upscaled 4k.

...what new option? I can play PS4 games on the go right now with my Vita.

... citation needed

onionberry said:
Mowco said:

If this was xbox and playstation they would have a big vcr case or a big triple cheeseburger always pluged to a power source with that power then yeah I would mock the shit out of it but we are talking about a device thiner than a dualshock that can produce better performance than a wii u when undocked and much better performance when is docked for $250, now give me a better deal of a device like that and then I will understand the rage.

nVidia Shield K1 that's a year old, has higher specs and cost $200?

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
onionberry said:
Why is that people is so fucking whiny towards Nintendo and always talk about the same power bullshit and not about new option that Nintendo is trying to offer, the future gameplay design and games, omg but let's be happy because now I have more teraflops on my playstation and I can play shit games at 45 fps and upscaled 4k.

What a terrible post

Some people don't take negativity about their favorite games company well. I'm still going to buy a Switch and enjoy it's games, but I'm not going to act like this isn't really bad stuff. I'm certainly not going to attack the competition and call all their games "shit" in response to negative news about Nintendo either. Nintendo make my favorite games, but that doesn't blind me.

numberwang said:
potato_hamster said:

... citation needed

... never heard of Remote Play?

http://ca.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/How_to_Use_PS4_Remote_Play

JRPGfan said:

I was sure it was going to be atleast 600 Gflops... under 400 Gflops when docked? didnt see that.

Its 1/5th of a PS4 in terms of performance.
Its not going to get the multiplat games a PS4 or XB1 gets, its just not.

Im a little bit dissapointed, and its looking more and more like a handheld that hooks up to a tv, than a homeconsole.

Wasn't Wii like 1/20th the power of PS3/360 and was able to handle some multiplats?

I don't really think the difference between 1/3 or 1/5 of PS4 is going to matter when it comes to getting ports. If they wont port games with 1/5 the power, I dont really think having 1/3 the power would mean much better support.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I was already on the negative side about this thing since day one, and it's not like I feel by itself power's everything but things are really piling up.

potato_hamster said:

At launch Vita was $300, PS4 was $400 & PS TV was  $100 so you needed to spend $800 and have 3 seperate devices to be able to play all games on the PS ecosystem at home or on the go.

Switch is rumored to be $250-300 at launch and os  the only device needed to play the full lineup of games in the Nintendo ecoystem on the go or at home.

Its a significantly more streamlined & accessible version of an existing concept. That doesnt mean its not innovative though, Wii & DS were not the first motion control or touch screen devices but they were the first to streamline and make them accessible to a mass market.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.