By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - With all the good previews of RE7

Nem said:

RE7 is nothing more than an indie game with a bloated budget.

That could be said about any AA and AAA game.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
  (the inventory is so tiny, and we didn't even see herbs, we need action to need herbs, and no herbs = no resident evil, so...)

Not sure if you've seen this already:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiIb8iKWro8

As much "fun" as the Resident evil games from 4 on were i must say something was lost in translation with the departure from a survival horror focus to a more action oriented theme.

Resident evil 4 was the genesis of this. It brought so much to the franchise as well as the gaming industry in regards to its over the shoulder 3rd person view. And lets face it, that game from a gameplay perspective was just plain fun. I can't count how many playthrough I did personally.

But with that shift to a more action oriented ride it lost what made the previous entries so good. Suddenly limited save points, creepy environments, and dwindling supplies and ammo were thrown out in favor of a more convenient and "casual gamer" friendly approach. But, like I said earlier, thats what made it so fun.

However, 5 (while still being fun) brought the horror notch down even further with the addition of a mandatory partner. I think it goes without saying that walking down a creepy looking hallway with a buddy isn'y nearly as scary as if doing it alone.
Resident evil 6.... yeah... 6. About that.

As much as I love the RE series that one was an even further departure from what made it a breakout series to begin with. If someone could discredit the other entires as not fully being action dominated than they would have a hard time arguing their case for this entry. For the sake of Shigeru Miyamoto, that scene where you ran over the cars was just so ridiculous. Suddenly zombies flying planes and shooting a whole assortment of fire arms at you were the norm. It's funny too because the game started off looking like it would be a shift back to the older entries (the beginning with leon in the mansion/ballroom.). But alas, everything went downhill fast.

It's no wonder there has been widespread skepticism in regards to RE7. I have to admit I was one of these people too. The shift to 1st person also caught a lot of avid RE fans off guard and gave them yet another reason to worry. Once again, I was one of these people. It wasn't until I played the demo that I realized that Capcom was onto something. Hopefully the demo is a very good indication of what we are getting.

-VIDEOGAME NINJA APPROVED-

-VIDEOGAME NINJA APPROVED-

There's just so many mixed feelings I have about this game that it's just off my radar now.

Let's hope the RE2 remake isn't like this.

Ka-pi96 said:
Good for those that I enjoy it I guess, but it just ain`t for me. It`s nothing like what Resident Evil is supposed to be in my view. And it most definitely isn`t survival horror either. It`s just plain horror, and I don`t like those kind of games, never have and never will. Just give me zombies and zombified animals and a whole load of cool guns to kill them with and some cool bosses and that would be great though.

Same with me. To me the game just looks like Texas Chainsaw emets outlast, with a sprinkle of Blair Witch project on top. None of that does anything for me at all.

I'll be looking forward to Daymare and REmake 2 though.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Day 1 buy for me Haven't been so interested in a RE title ever since RE5 was announced Loved the demo and I love the overall vibe of the game. Hopefully it will deliver

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Ka-pi96 said:

huh, hadn`t heard of Daymare before but after looking it up that definitely seems like one to keep an eye on.

http://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/daymare-1998-cancelled-resident-evil-2-reborn-fan-project-gets-first-gameplay-trailer/

It gives me more Resi vibes than 7 ever will.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Ka-pi96 said:

Same!

Too bad it was only recently announced though. Can`t help but feel it`s going to be awhile until it actually released. Also it not being listed on Steam yet means I can`t even wishlist it yet to ensure I don`t forget about it.

Just do what I do and bookmark it =D.

I place things I needed reminding of in my bookmarks bar list, so they are right at the top bar on Chrome for me. Same goes for streaming sites and the like. Sure it'll take time till it comes out, but look at all these other games that are getting delayed or slapped onto early access (Boundles for example as well as Ark), at least Daymare might actually come out complete at some point (though he might pull an ea, but I'd hope he doesn't).