By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December NPD predictions thread (who will win this months NPD?).

Who will win this months NPD?

Xbox One 54 19.78%

Playstation 4 199 72.89%

Wii U 14 5.13%

3DS 6 2.20%

Total:273
Pyro as Bill said:
barneystinson69 said:

I don't think so. The holiday season is looking to be very choppy this year with many titles disappointing, and hardware also looks to be pretty bad in the United States. This can't be because of the announcement of a console.

Sure it can.

The economy isn't great. People are saving their cash to buy a Switch instead.

The amazing savings on XB1 and PS4 just showed people how next year's Black Friday deals will be even better. Why not hold off until next year when a better CoD releases?

I blame the software. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Ariakon said:

It looks like Sony extended the $250 Slim an additional week, as it now lasts until the 31st. I'd bet Microsoft will do the same, so hopefully December numbers won't be quite as disappointing as November's. 

Proof? 

iNathan said:
Ariakon said:

It looks like Sony extended the $250 Slim an additional week, as it now lasts until the 31st. I'd bet Microsoft will do the same, so hopefully December numbers won't be quite as disappointing as November's. 

Proof? 

On the front page of Playstation.com it says the deal is from Dec.11-31st. 

shikamaru317 said:

Xbox is going to win. They're actually trying this month, selling XB1 for $230 with a $30 gift card right now (effective price is $200). PS4 only won last month becauuse of PS4 Pro preorders.

They did try in november though.  A minecraft bundle at 212 on target and the OG xb1 that have been selling for less than the xb1 s.  Dont understand why gamers keep forgetting it when it hasnt been discountinued. 

Just want to note that we've seen more evidence come from neogaf that the rumoured numbers where true.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

I think world wide it's a no brainer that PS4 takes it, but in the US Xbox has been trying very hard to push it's sales, so it'll definitely be close in the US.

shikamaru317 said:

Thought I'd mention that Gamestop has an amazing deal on the XB1 S right now, each of them comes with an extra controller and a $30 gift card right now. The deal has shot 3 different XB1 S SKU's up to #4, #5, and #6 on Gamestop's online charts, while the highest ranked PS4 SKU is way back at #42 right now. This deal might have just cinched the December win for XB1, last minute Christmas shoppers are loving this deal.

That's a great deal, but GameStop is always like that. Xbox is at 2,3,4, 11, and 18 and another 3 or 4 in the top 40. PS4 is at 17 and 30. Been like that for months on gamestop. Infact I'd say that's actually better than usual for the PS4.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

barneystinson69 said:

Just want to note that we've seen more evidence come from neogaf that the rumoured numbers where true.

You mind me asking what was said? I already 90% believe it. That's why I made my December prediction so low. Think I said 1.1 million for Xbox 

and 950k for playstation(or something close to that). I hope they are both higher than that though.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

shikamaru317 said:

Thought I'd mention that Gamestop has an amazing deal on the XB1 S right now, each of them comes with an extra controller and a $30 gift card right now. The deal has shot 3 different XB1 S SKU's up to #4, #5, and #6 on Gamestop's online charts, while the highest ranked PS4 SKU is way back at #42 right now. This deal might have just cinched the December win for XB1, last minute Christmas shoppers are loving this deal.

Though the question is does that offset the PS4's Cyber Monday victory and its 7 extra days of sales? The PS4 deals last until the 31st whereas the XBO deals last until the 24th.

NPD results are coming in a few days, so I'm going to bump this thread a few times before the release on Thursday. 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).