By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December NPD predictions thread (who will win this months NPD?).

Who will win this months NPD?

Xbox One 54 19.78%

Playstation 4 199 72.89%

Wii U 14 5.13%

3DS 6 2.20%

Total:273

It looks like Sony extended the $250 Slim an additional week, as it now lasts until the 31st. I'd bet Microsoft will do the same, so hopefully December numbers won't be quite as disappointing as November's. 

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
jason1637 said:

It is. It means that more people have bought a PS4 in the last for months from Amazon while as awhole in the US more people have bought an XB1. This could mean that more people are using amazon to buy PS4S compared to those using it to buy XB1S so Amazon from now on could lean in favor of PS4 while as a whole the XB1 is selling more.

So then you'd have to understand why this is happening. The PS4 was indicated to win November and did so (by how much is still a mystery). If Amazon indicates a December PS4 win (which it currently is), and the PS4 wins NPD, then those 4 months could have been a fluke. If July-Aug continues to happen, then we can start to place serious doubt. But, until that time, Amazon remains the best indicator of what's to come.

Who is winning on amazon is subjective isn't it. Just looking a thing the hourly charts. PS4 is #1, and 70 something. Xbox is 6,17 , 70 something, and 90 something.  The difference between 1, and 6 could be 5 units or 100k units. And the difference between 6 and 70 could be 50units or 50k units. An educated guess for the hourly is that Xbox is winning, but that's a guess. And I'm biased so your guess could be PlayStation winning the hourly. Could you give me the link to the monthly chart?

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

CGI-Quality said:
hudsoniscool said:

Who is winning on amazon is subjective isn't it. Just looking a thing the hourly charts. PS4 is #1, and 70 something. Xbox is 6,17 , 70 something, and 90 something.  The difference between 1, and 6 could be 5 units or 100k units. And the difference between 6 and 70 could be 50units or 50k units. An educated guess for the hourly is that Xbox is winning, but that's a guess. And I'm biased so your guess could be PlayStation winning the hourly. Could you give me the link to the monthly chart?

Who's winning on Amazon isn't subjective at all. The charts are the charts. Who wins the month, however, is another matter. Amazon is an indicator, but not an absolute. It's just been a very good indicator.

Tell me who is winning on the hourly chart. Since I don't know how to view the monthly chart

Xbox is at 6,16,75,84

playstation is at 1, 41

i think Xbox is winning that. But I don't know they are. What do you think? That is a serious question. I don't get how this isn't open to interpretation.

The decline in November is probably due to the Switch announcement.

December will probably be down on last year too for the same reason.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Pyro as Bill said:

I don't think so. The holiday season is looking to be very choppy this year with many titles disappointing, and hardware also looks to be pretty bad in the United States. This can't be because of the announcement of a console.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:
Pyro as Bill said:

I don't think so. The holiday season is looking to be very choppy this year with many titles disappointing, and hardware also looks to be pretty bad in the United States. This can't be because of the announcement of a console.

Sure it can.

The economy isn't great. People are saving their cash to buy a Switch instead.

The amazing savings on XB1 and PS4 just showed people how next year's Black Friday deals will be even better. Why not hold off until next year when a better CoD releases?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Pyro as Bill said:
barneystinson69 said:

Sure it can.

The economy isn't great. People are saving their cash to buy a Switch instead.

The amazing savings on XB1 and PS4 just showed people how next year's Black Friday deals will be even better. Why not hold off until next year when a better CoD releases?

I agree with Barney on this. Switch doesn't have anything to do with it. Maybe a little for super hardcore gamers, who are also into Nintendo. But that's probably 5% of the market. 

PS4 won by only 100k last month even with the Pro launch according to rumors and math, so its hard to imagine Xbone not winning this month. PS4 has had better deals so far though. Should be another really close month.

Considering the PS4 has been on Beast Mode on Amazon since the beginning of the month, 22 spots separate it and and first XB1 SKU. I'll have to go with PS4. Though I think it'll be another close month.

Dec has FFXV and supposedly won Cybermonday by a decent margin.
It also had like a week or so where MS wasnt really price matching it.
Its been leading on Amazon for weeks.

I think PS4 takes dec NPD by a slight margin.