By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch to have VR: the gamepad is also a VR screen.

Tagged games:

Nintendo Switch to have VR: the gamepad is also a VR screen.

Cool idea. 79 56.43%

Bad idea. 61 43.57%

Total:140
Miyamotoo said:
Soundwave said:
The screen needs to be 1080p for this to really work minimally well.

Even on PSVR at 1080p, you can tell the experience would be a lot better with a 2K or even 4K screen.

720p will be worse VR exapariance than 1080p offcourse but would be still VR experience and actualy almost free compared to $400 PSVR experience, so definitely could be popular on Switch.

The problem is the experience is not likely to be very good, 720p in VR is like putting a black screen over the image. 

I wonder if Nintendo is focusing on this for a future 1080p Switch model. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Miyamotoo said:

720p will be worse VR exapariance than 1080p offcourse but would be still VR experience and actualy almost free compared to $400 PSVR experience, so definitely could be popular on Switch.

The problem is the experience is not likely to be very good, 720p in VR is like putting a black screen over the image. 

I wonder if Nintendo is focusing on this for a future 1080p Switch model. 

Of Course it's not that bad, and dont forget that that Nintendo having some own 3D and VR patents, so definaly they could make something interesting and affordable.

This is all fine and everything, but I really don't see the appeal in having a screen strapped to my head mere centimeters from my eyes.

Ljink96 said:
I don't think it'll be a huge thing Nintendo focuses on or even makes available on Switch. PSVR sales have plummeted and that was VR's last hope for the current generation. VR isn't ready for gaming yet.

So if something is sold out in almost every country for 2 month in a week and the company isnt even able to supply xmas demand, thats considered "plummeted" now a days? Alright.

Also you obviously never used VR. Its definitly ready for gaming (and lots of other things yet).

Its like going from a Radio (only audio) to a television (audio and video) in terms of enternainment. Thats how big the gap is.

I doubt the switch will be capable enough for decent VR though.

Liquid_faction said:
Even with the current galaxy phones with a 2k display still cant make VR look good, how would a 720p screen fare?

a 720p cant. But samsung galaxys uses a Pentile Screen, that causes many issus. A 1080p full RGB screen is pretty good for VR. The PSVR for example looks pretty much identical (pixel whise) as the Wii U gamepads 480p screen. And thats totally useable as well or what do you think?

Around the Network
Slade6alpha said:
Better be optional... fuck these useless gimmicks like VR.

One more person who never used it. Did you said the same about television as they were released to replace radios? lmao.

Pyro as Bill said:
VR = 3D + Gyro

VR is basically like matrix.

Did you ever used real high end VR?

If your on the edge of a skyscraper, you cant jump in VR. Its almost impossible. Because you feel like your really there. Try it for yourself.

Vr is no gimmick but the new evolution of techs.

1. Gen (radio = audio based)

2. Gen (Television = audio and video based)

3. Gen ( VR = Audio, Video and immersion based)

Im already curios about gen 4 in the next century.

bunchanumbers said:
This was the closest Nintendo got to gimmick free since the GCN days. Instead they go with the mother of all gimmicks with VR?

I could see Nintendo doing that.

So television where a gimmick to you as well as they replaced radios in many cases?

solidpumar said:
VR on PC is amazing folks.

people that never tried it cant understand it. This will definitly change in 2017 when more and more people get the chance to expierence it and how it will change gaming.

gatito said:
VR is bombing, no one cares anymore

PSVR = sold out scince 2 months in a row. Sony wasnt even able to supply xmas demands.

Totally bombing. Love it when people who never even tried it saying those things lmao