By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mafia Round 75 - Persona Theme - MAFIA VICTORY

Stefl1504 said:
theprof00 said:

I don't understand the "I am fucked" portion of this, and I don't understand how you think mrp lost the game last game when I pushed you, darwin, and spurge last game and nobody bit.

MrP even won the game for his team 2 games ago. Was this just a joke or what?

Yeah, and why didn't they fucking go for those lynches? Because there was this guy waltzing in constantly and getting himself fucking focused every single day.

I am fucked because I have no clue how to play my role, so I will just gather all the fucking suspicion I can get, claim, get lynched and see what fucking happens.

Mr.P's problem was more that he would only waltz in when he was being focused. Granted his defense was very bad and voting himself twice was terrible too. Do you think he played equally terribly in your Six Suspects round?

Your softclaim is bizarre. Will your lynch be positive for town anyway, or is that part of you not knowing how to play the role?

Around the Network
BladeSymphony said:
This is my first time here so I am not sure what happened in previous games. I am a noob to this board but have played the game elsewhere, however.

Early round lynches are a bit scummy to me so I'm not going to immediately make any quick accusations here, but Stefl is already claiming he has a role, worst case scenario is he's a jester and we get screwed if we lynch him. But the case against him is already pretty strong. I don't want to make any assumptions just yet however.

My vote is no lynch for the time being.

Knowledge of previous games can be helpful for reading some people, but if you have Mafia experience you should do fine without all the extra homework.

Why do you think early round lynches are a bit scummy?

Linkzmax said:
Stefl1504 said:

Yeah, and why didn't they fucking go for those lynches? Because there was this guy waltzing in constantly and getting himself fucking focused every single day.

I am fucked because I have no clue how to play my role, so I will just gather all the fucking suspicion I can get, claim, get lynched and see what fucking happens.

Mr.P's problem was more that he would only waltz in when he was being focused. Granted his defense was very bad and voting himself twice was terrible too. Do you think he played equally terribly in your Six Suspects round?

Your softclaim is bizarre. Will your lynch be positive for town anyway, or is that part of you not knowing how to play the role?

I think it has the highest potential to play it like this if it results in a lynch, because then there is a flip, with a flip, there is a read. For this we need to get people to onboard it, I claim, we go through shenanigans, ez pz.

No, I literally have no clue how to play my role, all the ways I went through would either put me in a lame inactive lurker state 100% of the time or in a state of blatant uselessness.

Linkzmax said:
BladeSymphony said:
This is my first time here so I am not sure what happened in previous games. I am a noob to this board but have played the game elsewhere, however.

Early round lynches are a bit scummy to me so I'm not going to immediately make any quick accusations here, but Stefl is already claiming he has a role, worst case scenario is he's a jester and we get screwed if we lynch him. But the case against him is already pretty strong. I don't want to make any assumptions just yet however.

Knowledge of previous games can be helpful for reading some people, but if you have Mafia experience you should do fine without all the extra homework.

Why do you think early round lynches are a bit scummy?

It depends on the circumstances but it could be a bit easy for Mafia to take quick advantage of the cacophony and get in an early lynch as well as a night kill. That's already two town down on the first day.

Steam ID: bladesym | Track of the Week (01/15/2017): Undertale - Megalovania

"You... are not human, are you?"
"Who knows? I'm not even sure myself."
axumblade said:
Stefl1504 said:

I think it has the highest potential to play it like this if it results in a lynch, because then there is a flip, with a flip, there is a read. For this we need to get people to onboard it, I claim, we go through shenanigans, ez pz.

No, I literally have no clue how to play my role, all the ways I went through would either put me in a lame inactive lurker state 100% of the time or in a state of blatant uselessness.

Or we could wait to see if Mr. P demonstrates the same behavior as last round. I can see where his frustration would lie last game. Im not condoning his attitude but there is only so much you can do when you role claim and nobody believes you.

I am fine with nobody believing me and ofc Mr.P can redeem himself, but letting our fingers off him I doubt he would play any better. We already have enough players to fill the random incooperative niece

Around the Network

Platina did poorly last time? IIRC the last time he played it was on my mafia team and we won, though he died early. Maybe I'm wrong.

About last game, we didn't go after darwin because nobody wanted to lynch a noob, also clyde was being really friggin weird.

BladeSymphony said:

Just one question, why put your vote on no lynch if it's only for the time being. Wouldn't it be the same to just not vote at all?

Why is the case against stefl strong?

Also, yes, jester is a possibility, though pretty rare on vgc. I think we've had maybe 2 in the last 30 games. Still, a possibility given the flavor. (jester is an arcana in tarot, and persona is based on tarot)

Upon reading up the Jester role, I came across the Neutral roles which have different win conditions independent of Town vs Mafia, so it makes sense that Stefl is confused with his role..

It seems that a jester lynch won't affect town directly or make us lose, unless I'm reading it wrong

Vote: Stefl

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

theprof00 said:
Platina did poorly last time? IIRC the last time he played it was on my mafia team and we won, though he died early. Maybe I'm wrong.

About last game, we didn't go after darwin because nobody wanted to lynch a noob, also clyde was being really friggin weird.

That was Mr.P :p

I survived till the end, but was mainly because I was lurking and letting you do all the arguing with Zero

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:
theprof00 said:

That was Mr.P :p

I survived till the end, but was mainly because I was lurking and letting you do all the arguing with Zero

oh ok, but you were mafia right, and we won? So then how did you do poorly?