By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mafia Round 75 - Persona Theme - MAFIA VICTORY

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Mr.Playstation said:

Sick burn m8. How about you answer the question, now? Personally I think there are three 'cause I think four scum would make the game quite unbalanced unless town have some decent roles in their midst.

Normally it's 3:1 or 4:1 ratio. By looking at the numbers here there 15 Players.

I think there is 4 here. 

Seems plausible :). Anyone else wants to take a stab at this question?

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network
Arminillo said:
zero129 said:

What do you mean by this?.

Some roles involve others but i dont know how people can use them effectively if they dont know what roles are even out there. The only time i played mafia we were told what roles were out there and what they did, but in this apparently any random role can show up

How many are you?

spurgeonryan said:
Can some other veterans confirm Noctis idea of 4?

Sounds far fetched and a play to make us think he is clueless on what a mafia set up could possibly be. In other words to stay as far away from knowing the set up as possible.

Not sure I have ever seen 4 scum accept in the really big games.

Why 4 noctis?

I'd lean more toward 3 Mafia and a SK but it really depends on the host. 15 players is tough to balance, 3 Mafia vs 12 Town would lean heavily in town's favor, 4 Mafia vs 11 Town slightly in Mafia's favor so I'd personally add the SK in there to make things even-ish (and unpredictable). It the end it all comes down to how the roles are distributed so I'm not ruling out any configuration right now.

Signature goes here!

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Arminillo said:

Some roles involve others but i dont know how people can use them effectively if they dont know what roles are even out there. The only time i played mafia we were told what roles were out there and what they did, but in this apparently any random role can show up

How many are you?

I dont know what you mean

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

spurgeonryan said:

Sounds far fetched and a play to make us think he is clueless on what a mafia set up could possibly be. In other words to stay as far away from knowing the set up as possible.

Why 4 noctis?

Didn't I explain it already? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8201812

Why are you so fixated with this? 

Did you already answer my question?

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Final Fan, do you know what a policy lynch is?

I'm pretty sure I do but I want zero to clarify.  So far our definitions don't seem to match. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

@prof Never mind, I see his second sentence on point 2 clarifies it for me ... response to him incoming, then you.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

zero129 said:
Final-Fan said:

1.  I don't know if you really want us to play this game like we're correcting last game's mistakes, because the biggest one is "lynch the guy who loses his shit on Day 1". 

2.  Please explain what a policy lynch is and why my vote on you is a policy lynch vote. 

3.  Also, you should re-read my post.  I acknowledged that your reply to trucks was only joking back, but even as a joke the weird stuff like quoting one person twice instead of quoting two people, and voting everyone you were trying to reply to except the guy you quoted twice, is bizarre enough to draw negative attention to me.  If that is supposed to be a joke, I don't get the joke.  Otherwise, if you're this sloppy now, why should I expect incisive, thoughtful analysis later? 

Once that negative attention was on you, I noticed that your later posts, which you acknowledge were serious, were full of terrible reasoning and just wrong information.  (First one here.  I was among the first and strongest people on his lynch, and that was certainly my first game with him, and I never did read his prior games.  And then you say you "expected no less" of Trucks when you apparently didn't expect his vote to be serious and also guessed wrong at his reasons for doing so.)

4.  What did I tell you to do, and how is it the same as what got Mr.P lynched? 

1. No what you and funny enough stefl and linkz and trucks are all failing to see, is that it was mafia and town pushing for policy lynch of lurkers and putting too much focus on MR.P's past games that got town to lose.

Pretty much what you guys are doing right now is what got town to lose.

2. A policy lynch is when you just vote to lynch someone for the sake of it (In simple terms). Trucks started (And admited) his lynch on me is a policy lynch for him with no real reason for voting me. Mafia's fav lynch's to push are policy lynch's since most time mafia have nothing else on the other person

However your vote on me isnt a policy lynch, thats just you trying to join the bandwagon....

3. Your not doing a very good job of this, you said at first your complaints came from me putting too much focus on people voting for me. Only you  then go and put way way too much focus on the fact that i mistaken pasted trucks name twice in my reply. Ya know things like that shouldnt ever happen so must be mafia! is some very silly reasoning even coming from you...

Also no my reasoning for believing that mafia love policy lynchs and easy lynch's are not bad reasoning.

For you to not see anything trucks has done here as being scum puts you right in the same boat as him.

Like i said mafia love to push a policy lynch and lots of times are the first ones to start such a lynch since they have nothing else on people.

3.  When did I say that?! 

4.  Answer point 4, please. 

theprof00 said:
Final Fan, do you know what a policy lynch is?

I would consider a policy lynch lynching someone due to their behavior without trying to make a judgment on whether they are actually scum.  For instance, "He is a lurker, therefore lynch him because lynch all lurkers."  The policy is "lynch all lurkers" and this is a policy lynch. 

zero129 seems to define it as a "lynch for no reason", or perhaps a lynch "for the sake of lynching".  "We want to lynch someone today, pick someone at random and lynch them":  zero129's idea of a policy lynch as I interpret it from what he said.  The policy is "we should lynch someone", I guess. 

The definition that seems like it should be compatible between the two of us is "A lynch that a player is willing to do regardless of whether they think the target is scum, based on a policy e.g. "lynch all lurkers", "always lynch on Day 1", etc."

TruckOSaurus said:
spurgeonryan said:

Why 4 noctis?

I'd lean more toward 3 Mafia and a SK but it really depends on the host. 15 players is tough to balance, 3 Mafia vs 12 Town would lean heavily in town's favor, 4 Mafia vs 11 Town slightly in Mafia's favor so I'd personally add the SK in there to make things even-ish (and unpredictable). It the end it all comes down to how the roles are distributed so I'm not ruling out any configuration right now.

So 4 Mafia 1 SK and 10 Town?

I think that would be pretty reasonable, considering the distribution for the last few games

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]