By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [Rumor]Breath of Wild cancelled on WiiU

FunFan said:
tak13 said:

If they were able to do it without losing money, they would  do it even at this point ( I dont' disaggre that it's too late though ) .

Price drops which boost hardware sales and software sales by extend are always welcome...

I guess. But it feels a bit like the are maximizing profits per unit at this point.

Definetely, but it's also that something related to wii u isn't letting them to slash the price, guess what! ;)

Around the Network
twintail said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Fake. The game is still on Amazon Japan.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/Legend-Zelda-Breath-Wild%E3%80%90%E4%B8%A6%E8%A1%8C%E8%BC%B8%E5%85%A5%E5%93%81%E3%80%91/dp/B00KWF803C/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1481706796&sr=1-1&keywords=breath+of+the+wild

a random amazon 3rd party vendor is your proof? 

ok...

That said I cant see this honestly being true, but I wouldnt be surprised. I dont think the majority of Nintendo fans would care either but I think it would be a pretty sucky move on Nintendos part. 

Nautilus said:
This is most likely fake.If it were cancelled, Nintendo wouldnt have shown the Wii U version on VGA.

did they show anything that proved it was running on the WiiU, outside of someone holding a wiiu tablet (with no game play shown on it)

At Tonight Show Reggie said that was their first public showing of BOTW on the Switch.If thats the case, then the VGA showing must have been on Wii U.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

NobleTeam360 said:
Honestly they should do this, it would force any Wii U owners to pretty much upgrade to the Switch.

As a Wii U owner I can only say that such a dicky move wouldn't force me to buy a Switch, but rather give them the middle finger and never again buy any of their machines.

OT: I don't believe it. Nintendo has always showed the Wii U or its logo each time BotW has had a new trailer or has been demoed, and the PR mayhem that it would cause wouldn't be worth the extra sales it could bring to the Switch.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

tak13 said:
FunFan said:

I guess. But it feels a bit like the are maximizing profits per unit at this point.

Definetely, but it's also that something related to wii u isn't letting them to slash the price, guess what! ;)

Their strongheadedness. Cause the Gamepad at least could be redesigned, and made smaller/cheaper.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

FunFan said:
tak13 said:

Their strongheadedness. Cause the Gamepad at least could be redesigned, and made smaller/cheaper.

:(

You're in my mind, either that or drop it completely...

However, wii u without gamepad, it's not wii u ( at least foR nINTENDO ) , if you know what I mean...

So the solution  would be the hardware revision but Nintendo does that only for their handheld console business!

In addtion they could be afraid of infuriating the old wii u owners who payed so much money or the revision not increasing the sales at all.

Although, this would certaintly have a considerable effect in sales, given the intense price drop begging and how many Nintendo gamers have skipped it, unless some people think that those who bought wii u are almost all Nintendo home console gamers... lol  An awesome pre-owned wii u offer was very high in the best seller lists of gamestop. ( 199$ with SM3W and NINTENDO LAND)

The base is  between 22-33m for Nintendo home console gamers.

Around the Network
twintail said:

Nautilus said:
This is most likely fake.If it were cancelled, Nintendo wouldnt have shown the Wii U version on VGA.

did they show anything that proved it was running on the WiiU, outside of someone holding a wiiu tablet (with no game play shown on it)

The's proof in the footage itself, apart from Bill using a gamepad the top left hand corner has part of the interface, on the Wii U version it's a D-pad on the Switch version played by Jimmy Fallon it's 4 buttons as the Switch doesn't have a D-pad. Watch both footage.

Rumour is fake.

Maybe delayed, but cancelled? Nahhhh, that's too evil.

Canceled? I doubt it, we're looking at a Twilight Princess situation where the game launches on both consoles, plus they would've or would announced a pre-order cancel if the Wii U version is out of the question.

This is not happening, the worst scenario I can see is a delay to improve performance, but they already have like 6 months for that.

If this rumor is true then Nintendo should really leave the home console business..