By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [Rumor]Breath of Wild cancelled on WiiU

I doubt it, especially since they just showed off the Wii U version again at the Video Game Awards show. Also, it's still available for preorder in the US.

Around the Network
FunFan said:

If this is truth, I want Nintendo to publicly admit they dropped the ball on WiiU hardware. I don't think they have admitted this yet, have they? I remember that Iwatta ask where they pretty much proudly listed all the WiiU mistakes, but had never admitted them as such. Their confidence almost had me fooled, but thanks gaf for their chip pics.

They have, implicitly...

NX release date announcement in April, only two game releases after that.

Wii production curtailment and  later the premature ceasment, at least for Japan, even though it hasn't been halted yet, but its about to stop soon...

They stopped selling gamecube in the first quarter of  2008... Gamecube and wii u sales are almost the same in their year before being replaced ( albeit, that will change in holidays quarter,  unless Nintendo exceeds a lot their shipmens  forecast, which is essentially a production forecast  ) , with difference of wii u still  being overpriced/expensive and gamecube dirty  cheap since its second/third year....

Perhaps kimishima has a different opinion from Iwata...

Μy theory about all these, regards switch price and the inability of Nintendo dropping significantly wii u's price. ;)

tak13 said:
FunFan said:

If this is truth, I want Nintendo to publicly admit they dropped the ball on WiiU hardware. I don't think they have admitted this yet, have they? I remember that Iwatta ask where they pretty much proudly listed all the WiiU mistakes, but had never admitted them as such. Their confidence almost had me fooled, but thanks gaf for their chip pics.

They have, implicitly...

Wii production curtailment and  later the premature ceasment, at least for Japan, even though it hasn't been halted yet, but its about to stop soon...

They stopped selling gamecube in the first quarter of  2008... Gamecube and wii u sales are almost the same in their year before being replaced ( albeit, that will change in holidays quarter,  unless Nintendo exceeds a lot their shipmens  forecast, which is essentially a production forecast  ) , with difference of wii u still  being overpriced/expensive and gamecube dirty  cheap since its second/third year....

Μy theory about all these, regards switch price and the inability of Nintendo dropping significantly wii u's price. ;)

If Nintendo have hardly dropped the WiiU price since launch even with the poor sales, why would they suddendly do it?

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

FunFan said:
tak13 said:

They have, implicitly...

If Nintendo have hardly dropped the WiiU price since launch even with the poor sales, why would they suddendly do it?

If they were able to do it without losing money, they would  do it even at this point ( I dont' disaggre that it's too late though ) .

Price drops which boost hardware sales and software sales by extend are always welcome...

twintail said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Fake. The game is still on Amazon Japan.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/Legend-Zelda-Breath-Wild%E3%80%90%E4%B8%A6%E8%A1%8C%E8%BC%B8%E5%85%A5%E5%93%81%E3%80%91/dp/B00KWF803C/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1481706796&sr=1-1&keywords=breath+of+the+wild

a random amazon 3rd party vendor is your proof? 

ok...

To be fair the page IS in Japanese, he probably didn't realise it was a third party.

Around the Network
twintail said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Fake. The game is still on Amazon Japan.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/Legend-Zelda-Breath-Wild%E3%80%90%E4%B8%A6%E8%A1%8C%E8%BC%B8%E5%85%A5%E5%93%81%E3%80%91/dp/B00KWF803C/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1481706796&sr=1-1&keywords=breath+of+the+wild

ok...

That said I cant see this honestly being true, but I wouldnt be surprised. I dont think the majority of Nintendo fans would care either but I think it would be a pretty sucky move on Nintendos part. 

Nautilus said:
This is most likely fake.If it were cancelled, Nintendo wouldnt have shown the Wii U version on VGA.

did they show anything that proved it was running on the WiiU, outside of someone holding a wiiu tablet (with no game play shown on it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na1cIOmfBlU

That frame rate proves that it's on the Wii u lol

Nope.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

jigokutamago said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na1cIOmfBlU

That frame rate proves that it's on the Wii u lol

Mmmm... yeah that's pretty bad performance. I think the most likely outcome of this rumour/thread is that the Retail Version is cancelled in Japan.

Barkley said:
twintail said:

ok...

To be fair the page IS in Japanese, he probably didn't realise it was a third party.

https://www.amazon.com/Legend-Zelda-Breath-Wild/dp/B00KWF803C/ref=zg_bs_tab_pd_mw_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=XZCFDWVAAWS0MZHCFHB4

Amazon US...

It's also has  March 31th as release date, it could be a place holder, but is that date randoml? ;)

tak13 said:
FunFan said:

If they were able to do it without losing money, they would  do it even at this point ( I dont' disaggre that it's too late though ) .

Price drops which boost hardware sales and software sales by extend are always welcome...

I guess. But it feels a bit like the are maximizing profits per unit at this point.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)