By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it time for a new quality WWII game or are we still sick of them?

Are we still time for a new WWII title or is the fatigue still strong?

It's long overdue 25 54.35%

Yes 10 21.74%

No 8 17.39%

WWII Games are disrespectful and wrong 1 2.17%

I see wut u gun don thur.... eff off troll! 2 4.35%

Total:46

Can we get a WW2 game that focuses on the lesser known fronts, and all the satellite wars it had? Like the Russo-Finnish War, the battles to capture the italian colonies of the Horn of Africa, resistance fronts in Greece and Yugoslavia, the soviet invasion of Manchukuo and other continental holdings... Or what about a WWII game where you play from the Axis point of view?

Hell, a spy game set on Istambul during WW2 would be amazing, that city was a nest of spies during the whole war.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

The best WW2 game is Commandos (PC, 1998)

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

As long as it's done through the eyes/story of another country other than the US. Other countries in Europe were in the war much longer than they were, but for reasons unknown games only seem to be through the eyes of US soldiers.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

sick off futuristic games thats for sure. Would love to play as a German soldier for once. The campaigne could be epic. West then east then back west, parachute mission to save mousilini and stuff. Instead we would be a american GI who only rocks up halfway through...........

I'm cool with the idea of a new Ww2 shooter. It's been a while since I've played one and I don't think there's been a "realistic" one this gen.

Around the Network
Kaneman! said:
Kagerow said:
If that WWII game is going to be another 'Defeat the Evil Nazi' No. It definitely not.

There wasn't that many losing sides in WW2, so obviously Nazi Germany is highest on the list, along with Japan. Wouldn't be much of a game if you were a Vichy French admiral scuttling their navy, or an Italian soldier fighting against the American offensive. No one likes to be on the losing side, and also it's hard for most to be sympathetic towards the Axis powers.

I'm not saying that we should make a game that plays in perspective of Axis power. I wouldn't play that either.

What I wish to avoid in WW2 story is another 'hero' story.

Ka-pi96 said:

I was sick of WW2 before it was cool!

But seriously, I genuinely do find WW2 soooo fucking boring! It`s not enough that they try and cram it down your throat at school but then the media tries to bombard you with it as well? I get it, the Nazi`s are bad and all, but they ain`t ever going to be interesting! I`m glad games finally stopped doing that and moved on to settings that I find much more interesting. If there`s never another WW2 game... I couldn`t care less. Actually, assuming they are using money that could be spent on WW2 games to make non-WW2 games instead I`d be delighted if there was never another WW2 game.

WW2 boring? If you find WW2 boring perhaps war games are not for you. I can't think of another war that ended with such a bang.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius