By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pokémon S&M Players Didn’t Come Close To Catching 100 Million For Global Event

wow what was Nintendo thinking lol

they only catched 16,423,231 out of the 100,000,000

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/12/13/pokmon-sun-moon-players-didnt-come-close-catching-100-million-global-event/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Around the Network

100m? lol GF out of their minds

In all fairness, if people had registered them it would have been done easily though. That's only 10 or 11 Pokemon per user. Clearly some people would catch hundreds each and others wouldn't register so that could easily have evened out.

Either way, people don't like registering for shit :)

Pokemon S&M...

Yeah, it was unrealistic.Not because it coudlnt be done, but simply because the majority of players wouldnt care to update the data, and just the minority would update and say how manz they have captured.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
I didn't even realize there was such an event l0l

Me either, I could have added a few.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

So you had to do what?

I just played Sun without doing anything. I have like 50 pokemon probably caught. Did I need to register them somehow for this event?

Seeing as this game has 10+ million users, I imagine the 100 million was easily surpassed. People just didnt' register because they didn't even know fo the event or couldn't be bothered. What was point of registering? How does one register? Ect.

Nintendo should've made them pay $10 for it. Then they would've had 300m easily.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

LivingMetal said:

Pokemon S&M...

Perfect.

I dind't even know it was an event like this. Plus, I don't really care about registering to this kind of events.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.