Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rime rated for PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC in Brazil

Such a disappointment. After 3 years of announcement we still haven't seen any footage of the game. Even Sony gave the exclusive partnership up. What a shame considering the game looked awesome in the trailers...

Around the Network
onionberry said:
BraLoD said:

You feel a multiplat third party will do very well on a Nintendo console? Doesn't sound too likely.
Maybe if it was Nintendo exclusive for a while...

this is a "Nintendo game" tho, we are not talking about gta or cod, this game says NINTENDO when you look at it.

It says NINTENDO so much it was a Sony exclusive game for years :D

Faelco said:
onionberry said:

this is a "Nintendo game" tho, we are not talking about gta or cod, this game says NINTENDO when you look at it.

It says NINTENDO so much it was a Sony exclusive game for years :D

what I mean is the gameplay style, this game could sell well on Nintendo switch cause puzzle and exploration is a type of gameplay that Nintendo fans enjoy a lot. The art style too!

onionberry said:
BraLoD said:

You feel a multiplat third party will do very well on a Nintendo console? Doesn't sound too likely.
Maybe if it was Nintendo exclusive for a while...

I know what you mean, but I disagree, this is not a "Nintendo game", "Nintendo games" for Nintendo console owners are usually anything that has Nintendo itself involved, and I'm not meaning it to be literal, that's how it is.
Bayonetta wasn't anything "Nintendo like" yet it sold and rated well because it was a Nintendo game, in the sense Nintendo had rights over it.

Again, I understand what you mean, some stuff like Shovel Knight for example, but it also was Nintendo succesful while it was Nintendo console exclusive for some time just as well...

People who buy Nintendo consoles are mostly too focused on Nintendo games on that sense, sadly, not the sense you mean, of being "Nintendo like", which you probably mean it reminds Zelda as an fantasy adventure game, but again, Bayonetta wasn't like anything on Nintendo systems, like Xenoblade wasn't as well, and those games are succesful because they where Nintendo games the right away, in the more literal sense, directly involved with Nintendo, the brand, not the subjective sense you mean on how the game looks/feels.

I strongly doubt it'll be doing "very well" on Switch.

BraLoD said:
onionberry said:

I know what you mean, but I disagree, this is not a "Nintendo game", "Nintendo games" for Nintendo console owners are usually anything that has Nintendo itself involved, and I'm not meaning it to be literal, that's how it is.
Bayonetta wasn't anything "Nintendo like" yet it sold and rated well because it was a Nintendo game, in the sense Nintendo had rights over it.

Again, I understand what you mean, some stuff like Shovel Knight for example, but it also was Nintendo succesful while it was Nintendo console exclusive for some time just as well...

People who buy Nintendo consoles are mostly too focused on Nintendo games on that sense, sadly, not the sense you mean, of being "Nintendo like", which you probably mean it reminds Zelda as an fantasy adventure game, but again, Bayonetta wasn't like anything on Nintendo systems, like Xenoblade wasn't as well, and those games are succesful because they where Nintendo games the right away, in the more literal sense, directly involved with Nintendo, the brand, not the subjective sense you mean on how the game looks/feels.

First, I doubt it well do very well on any console, it's going to have some good sales for an indy game on ps4 and switch, long term sales on pc.

I don't know who are "those people who buy Nintendo consoles" cause I'm  a Nintendo fan since I was a child and this was one of the games that make me say "alright, I want a PS4" why? because it looks like a game with a lot of puzzle, exploration and artistic art style, something that I have been enjoying on Nintendo platforms since the beginning. Now you could doubt about games like cod or gta, but these type of games are very seductive for Nintendo fans.

Around the Network

I'm glad this didn't just turn into vaporware after Sony dropped exclusivity interest. Hopefully they've had long enough to fix whatever may have been the problem. Either way I'm interested in seeing how this game ends up. It looks gorgeous.

So many games announced to the Swtch. I'm really looking forward to the january presentation.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

onionberry said:
BraLoD said:

First, I doubt it well do very well on any console, it's going to have some good sales for an indy game on ps4 and switch, long term sales on pc.

I don't know who are "those people who buy Nintendo consoles" cause I'm  a Nintendo fan since I was a child and this was one of the games that make me say "alright, I want a PS4" why? because it looks like a game with a lot of puzzle, exploration and artistic art style, something that I have been enjoying on Nintendo platforms since the beginning. Now you could doubt about games like cod or gta, but these type of games are very seductive for Nintendo fans.

The chunk of people that have been buying them since the PS1 came out.
Third party success dropped massively after that (together with support), and mostly the exclusives or tied to the Nintendo brand are the few that went on still doing well on Nintendo consoles, of course there are individuals that differ extremely inside the full picture, but that's how it is.

Again, I know what you mean, and of course there will be people excited by all kinds of games on all systems, but the numbers haven't been high for third party multiplatform games on Nintendo consoles.
Well, handhelds are a different story, so NX being kind of a hybrid might give it more chances, but I still strongly doubt it'll do very well on it, as I've been replying to Trunkin post.

Do we have screenshots of a true playable Rime ?

Exactly the kind of support I expected from the Switch ^_^

Indie and highly stylised games.

Although I'm not holding my breath for this one. Sony has been very patient with Indies in the past and I think they dropped it for a reason. Its either far off or in a bad state.