By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rime rated for PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC in Brazil

BraLoD said:
onionberry said:

this is a "Nintendo game" tho, we are not talking about gta or cod, this game says NINTENDO when you look at it.

I know what you mean, but I disagree, this is not a "Nintendo game", "Nintendo games" for Nintendo console owners are usually anything that has Nintendo itself involved, and I'm not meaning it to be literal, that's how it is.
Bayonetta wasn't anything "Nintendo like" yet it sold and rated well because it was a Nintendo game, in the sense Nintendo had rights over it.

Again, I understand what you mean, some stuff like Shovel Knight for example, but it also was Nintendo succesful while it was Nintendo console exclusive for some time just as well...

People who buy Nintendo consoles are mostly too focused on Nintendo games on that sense, sadly, not the sense you mean, of being "Nintendo like", which you probably mean it reminds Zelda as an fantasy adventure game, but again, Bayonetta wasn't like anything on Nintendo systems, like Xenoblade wasn't as well, and those games are succesful because they where Nintendo games the right away, in the more literal sense, directly involved with Nintendo, the brand, not the subjective sense you mean on how the game looks/feels.

I strongly doubt it'll be doing "very well" on Switch.

First, I doubt it well do very well on any console, it's going to have some good sales for an indy game on ps4 and switch, long term sales on pc.

I don't know who are "those people who buy Nintendo consoles" cause I'm  a Nintendo fan since I was a child and this was one of the games that make me say "alright, I want a PS4" why? because it looks like a game with a lot of puzzle, exploration and artistic art style, something that I have been enjoying on Nintendo platforms since the beginning. Now you could doubt about games like cod or gta, but these type of games are very seductive for Nintendo fans.

Around the Network

So many games announced to the Swtch. I'm really looking forward to the january presentation.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Do we have screenshots of a true playable Rime ?

Exactly the kind of support I expected from the Switch ^_^

Indie and highly stylised games.

Although I'm not holding my breath for this one. Sony has been very patient with Indies in the past and I think they dropped it for a reason. Its either far off or in a bad state. 

BraLoD said:
onionberry said:

First, I doubt it well do very well on any console, it's going to have some good sales for an indy game on ps4 and switch, long term sales on pc.

I don't know who are "those people who buy Nintendo consoles" cause I'm  a Nintendo fan since I was a child and this was one of the games that make me say "alright, I want a PS4" why? because it looks like a game with a lot of puzzle, exploration and artistic art style, something that I have been enjoying on Nintendo platforms since the beginning. Now you could doubt about games like cod or gta, but these type of games are very seductive for Nintendo fans.

The chunk of people that have been buying them since the PS1 came out.
Third party success dropped massively after that (together with support), and mostly the exclusives or tied to the Nintendo brand are the few that went on still doing well on Nintendo consoles, of course there are individuals that differ extremely inside the full picture, but that's how it is.

Again, I know what you mean, and of course there will be people excited by all kinds of games on all systems, but the numbers haven't been high for third party multiplatform games on Nintendo consoles.
Well, handhelds are a different story, so NX being kind of a hybrid might give it more chances, but I still strongly doubt it'll do very well on it, as I've been replying to Trunkin post.

as I said, it's not going to to "very well" on any console, including the ps4. We are not talking about a big third party game here.

Around the Network

Ooo, a PC version! Hopefully this is really the case.

Faelco said:
DonFerrari said:

thanks for the responses. So I can't blame Sony for it and I don't think the other platform fans will be eager for this game right?

The other platforms fans should be cautious about this game and not jump to celebrations yet. What happened around this game was really fishy, so "wait and see" is the best behavior right now.

I totally agree.

kitler53 said:
the trailers were brilliant but if sony cut and run from the game i think all gamers should be very skeptical of this title. something was clearly wrong enough for sony to dissolve the contract.

Yep, if Sony our savior and defender dropped it, it can't be good.

onionberry said:
BraLoD said:

You feel a multiplat third party will do very well on a Nintendo console? Doesn't sound too likely.
Maybe if it was Nintendo exclusive for a while...

this is a "Nintendo game" tho, we are not talking about gta or cod, this game says NINTENDO when you look at it.

So, if it sell worse on Switch than on other platforms we won't have excuses?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 02 July 2018

SWORDF1SH said:
What's with all the ott excitement for every game announced for the Switch?

I'll leave it at "WiiU".

BraLoD said:
onionberry said:

as I said, it's not going to to "very well" on any console, including the ps4. We are not talking about a big third party game here.

Well, so you could have agreed with me from the get go, because that's what I said from the beginning (about the Switch version, said nothing about any other version)

well yeah but you made it sound like "this game is not going to sell very well on switch because the game is a third party game" I said this game is not going to very sell well on any console because the game is indy, so maybe good sales for an indy studio.

But if you put this game or a game like yooka laylee right there with the next call of duty, this game has more chances for Nintendo fans, and that means better sales. Now more than ever with the portable aspect, I mean, the switch is  a portable too and that's where third party games sell on Nintendo platforms. It's a very complex thing so there's no definitive answer, the switch is a new model for Nintendo and we will have to wait and see.