By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rime rated for PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC in Brazil

OttoniBastos said:
DonFerrari said:
And why did it left the status of exclusive?

Apparently some spanish guy leaked that this game was in a development hell and nothing about the game was actually done(the teaser was just a concept rather than an actual alpha game footage).Sony tried to save the project but after many delays and lack of evolution the studio bought the ip back from sony to make by themselves(in other words sony stop investing in the game).

thanks for the added details

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Trunkin said:
It's like a reverse Rise of the Tomb Raider, or Death Stranding! I'm so happy I could cry.

Also I feel like this game will do very well on a Nintendo system.

You feel a multiplat third party will do very well on a Nintendo console? Doesn't sound too likely.
Maybe if it was Nintendo exclusive for a while...

I do. iirc Sonic Unleashed did better on the Wii than on Xbox or PS, and of course there's Shovel Knight, which found huge success in Nintendo systems. Rime looks like a game that'll appeal to Nintendo's audience, and it has the advantage of maybe being a launch window title.

DonFerrari said:
Faelco said:

The other platforms fans should be cautious about this game and not jump to celebrations yet. What happened around this game was really fishy, so "wait and see" is the best behavior right now.

I totally agree.

kitler53 said:
the trailers were brilliant but if sony cut and run from the game i think all gamers should be very skeptical of this title. something was clearly wrong enough for sony to dissolve the contract.

Yep, if Sony our savior and defender dropped it, it can't be good.

onionberry said:

this is a "Nintendo game" tho, we are not talking about gta or cod, this game says NINTENDO when you look at it.

So, if it sell worse on Switch than on other platforms we won't have excuses?

it doesn't have to have better sales than other platforms, it needs good sales. ps4 could be 300,000 copies, pc 350,500 switch 200,000 and xbox one 50,000 copies (let's be real, xbox fans are not going to run for this game)

good sales doesn't mean best sales. But this game looks like the kind of game that would have good sales on a nintendo platform.

Hopefully the game is good and is a success when it finally comes out

It's a shame people are still fooled by these devs, the footage that was shown was nothing but CGI.

Tequila Works have made only 1 game so far, it was a digital release and mediocre.