By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Ubisoft currentily has 8 titles in development for Nintendo Switch

Barkley said:
shikamaru317 said:

8. South Park: The Fractured But Whole (doesn't fit the fanbase that well but it's not very demanding graphically so it should run on Switch without expensive graphics downgrading)

Yeah I just couldn't imagine South Park of all games on a Nintendo Console xD.

South Park on the N64 would like to have a word.

Great FPS game.

Around the Network
irstupid said:
Barkley said:

Great FPS game.

I'm more referring to the type of game it is now though, rather than the franchise. The levels of crude and obscene humour in South Park: Stick of Truth is off the charts. Going as far as beastiality and abortions.

The first South Park video game ever actually was on a Nintendo system -- the N64.

It was ported later to the Playstation, but that was the first South Park game and it sold quite well actually.

The South Park creators have also said the current South Park games are inspired in large part to Nintendo's Earthbound (SNES).

Nintendo's policy on content is basically to defer to the ESRB ratings board. If it passes through them, that's generally good enough for Nintendo.

An example of this was that BMXX game on the GameCube back in the day. It had a video clip that had a stripper showing off her boobs. Sony told the publisher they had to censor this or it couldn't release on Playstation 2. Nintendo basically said it passed through the ESRB so they were OK with it. Here's an article about it from back in the day:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2002/11/06/why-sony-censored-bmx-xxx

Barkley said:
irstupid said:

Great FPS game.

I'm more referring to the type of game it is now though, rather than the franchise. The levels of crude and obscene humour in South Park: Stick of Truth is off the charts. Going as far as beastiality and abortions.

Well, South Park as a whole has gotten more crude as time went on. Compare just the TV series.

But the original game was by no means a pg game.

Also don't forget games like Conkers Bad Fur day on the N64.

Aren't there two lines of Just Dance games, the regular one and the "4 Kids" version? That could be two of the eight, though I have no idea how reliable of a source this guy is (never heard of him before).

That casual "Know Your Friends" game for Wii U that Ubi Soft finished but never released could also be one of the games.

I'd be down for some portable Assassin's Creed or South Park though.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
shikamaru317 said:

8. South Park: The Fractured But Whole (doesn't fit the fanbase that well but it's not very demanding graphically so it should run on Switch without expensive graphics downgrading)

The very first South Park game launched as an N64 exclusive haha.  Edit: I see I'm not the first in the thread to point this out XD

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

If South Park passes the ESRB, then Nintendo will allow it. Anything on Playstation or XBox platform third party wise is allowed on a Nintendo system.

Nintendo only stipulates content within their own games, the day of Mortal Kombat with no blood have long since passed.

shikamaru317 said:

If I had to guess:

1. Mario RPG X Rabbids crossover
2. Beyond Good and Evil 2
3. Just Dance
4. Next Trials game
5. Child of Light 2
6. Next Rayman
7. Assassin's Creed Empires

It might actually since Trey and Matt have stated that a huge inspiation for Stick Of Truth was Paper Mario and Earthbound so it might actually do decently on the Switch. 

Since we're going down memory lane, remember that one time Nintendo made a TV commercial with a stripper simulating a hand job on a squirrel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fcid8H3bbo

Hope one of them is South Park since while I do have it pre-order on Ubisoft's website so I could get the Stick of truth on PS4 and cause of that I can't cancel it (though I could sell my PS4 copy to my brother) since that is the kind of game I want to play on the go.