By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square let us play full price for Final fantasy with XV....An (polished) early access title.

Have you watched Kingsglaive?

Yes. 65 54.17%

No. 33 27.50%

Not yet but will. 17 14.17%

Best Anime ever created! 5 4.17%

Total:120

I liked the open world exploration and the bromance of the game but the story itself was just trash.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
bigtakilla said:
So did tabata ruin or save XV?

He butchered the story and these characters and now its trying to save it with bandages, i tell you all, its impossible , because to save this story and characters we need hours ad hours of cutscenes that he fucking cut it from Numura version, like others said it could have been one of THE BEST, if not the best ff to date. I think its a good game but the worst final fantasy , its hard to explain , i need to make a review thread about this.

Finished last night but i think i will try the platinum since its easy

It's kind of strange though, as far as reviews go it was the stuff Tabata added that is what they loved and why they ranked it as high as they did (open world, the friendship angle over the love angle). 

John2290 said:
Hynad said:

Here's something everyone interested in the game [and those who have already played the game] should know:

Well if only they had said that the "real full" game isn't releasing on launch day I'd be happy about it. All this may be well and good but I hope they put a new game plus mode where you can turn off random interactions, side quests and all of that and just run through the story. This seems like remastering the game straight after release...why not just go straight to Final Fantasy XV-2 and don't just do a prequel with regis and co on their road trip. Awwwww, I'm so confused, great game but this has me feeling as if I'm playing an early access game.

Not to mention none of that dlc screams it will take care of any of the storyline issues. It seems you'll get scenerios that put the rest of your crew in the limelight, a holiday pack that's.... whatever, an online pack, ect. 

What they really need to do is just move on to XVI. Rethink all current conventions and get back to basics. They need to stop with developing multiple FF titles, and start focusing. XV is completely unfocused.

Get VII out, get Zodiac Age out, and get X-3 out, get Kingdom Hearts 3 out, then sit down breath a minute and develop a game.

FF15 was a good game. Deserving of sn 8. That would have been all well and good if i did t feel it has the bones to have been one of the grestest games ever made. I don't think they will ever get it there but I believe they will add things to it that at least makes it a lot better.

Next year I believe the game will be rereleased. Either as a game of the year version or directors cut or something. Which will have all the improvements they have made in it over the year. Surely, this game needed at least another year in the oven to become all it could have been.

I am happy for the series in general though, I like the direction they are going. And i feel FF15 sets the foundation for great open world FF games to come.

John2290 said:
bigtakilla said:

Not to mention none of that dlc screams it will take care of any of the storyline issues. It seems you'll get scenerios that put the rest of your crew un the limelight, a goliday pack that's.... whatever, an online pack, ect. 

What they really need to do is just move on to XVI. Rethink all current conventions and get back to basics. They need to stop with developing multiple FF titles, and start focusing. XV is completely unfocused.

Get VII out, get Zodiac Age out, and get X-3 out, get Kingdom Hearts 3 out, then sit down breath a minute and develop a game.

How does Zodiac age stack up to FFXV? I missed FFXII, Would it be like taking a step back? And does it stand on its own? 

The battle system is completely based around you setting up the players AI and watching the battles. It's a strategy game. That said, Ivalice is an amazingly crafted world. Vaan is a bit of a snooze fest, but Balthier is the Han Solo of FF. The Judges are some of the best designed FF characters ever, the licence system is really cool which allows the player to unlock different AI commands. 

Let's just put it this way. It was the last FF to rank a 90+ on metacritic. It's not for everyone being battles are completely ai controlled, but for what it does, it does it perfectly.

Around the Network

so pretty much there is 1 city to explore, and a ton of out post/gas stations.

would have been great to explore the crown city, and niflheim.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
bigtakilla said:
So did tabata ruin or save XV?

He ruined the story.

Bandorr said:

Because you are trying to play the victim by saying you were "tricked" and they "made" you do it.

Either you are an adult and you own up to your choices - or you aren't.

Simple test. Were you happy with the game before any announcements? If yes then ADDING to that can't make you unhappy. It is like enjoying a sandwiche and then being told that you will get chips later.

If you weren't happy with the game before the announcement - then why did you CHOOSE to get it?

I believe a more fitting example would be going to a buffet as soon as it opens, seeing only hot dogs and french fries, only for the chefs to put out steak and baked potatoes after you're already full.

That's an exaggeration...but based on what I've heard of the game, the updates just come across as a bigger turn-off to me. I don't often replay games like this anymore, and so when I play story-based games, I certainly expect the story to be in its completed state when I play it. Post-game DLC is fine...but if they're legimitely adding content to scenes I've already gone through...that just makes me feel like I'm playing an incomplete product. In that sense, I can completely empathize with the OP's viewpoint. 

It certainly might not bother you and others, which is absolutely fine...but that doesn't diminish the opposing viewpoint either. People like the OP certainly have a right to complain about practices like this.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

10 years in development and the game is still rushed Kappa

What I will say is this, after hearing about the upcoming updates, I have stopped playing the game cause some of them sound like pretty big changes. Now the game is enjoyable enough for me as it is but I havnt gotten very far yet since I was more focused in getting to Masters in OW. But had I known about the updates, I would have cancelled my order and gotten it later at a discount.

But oh well, I m enjoying it far more than I did with XIII so thats something. And no, I dont play games twice unless its online multi-player obviously

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Bandorr said:

Possibly. I see as it is "adding" things to a full course. Where as your example would be "replacing" the full course.

Perhaps something like adding TWO pieces of cake instead of one. You are getting more, while at the same time having been satisified with just one piece.

Early access is a game not finished, FF15 is clearly finished. As was splatoon when it released. The content they added made it better, it didn't make it early access.

edit: None of which makes the game forced on anyone. No one was tricked, no one was lied to. Finding fault in them adding content afterwards is one thing. Claiming you were lied to or tricked is completely different.

Maybe it's a matter of perspective. I would have been annoyed buying Splatoon at release, but I'm okay with the changes, since it's a multiplayer focused game. Same with Street Fighter...though I admit I don't know much about the current state of that game.

With a game like Final Fantasy, my main draw will be the story, and so if that story is going to be redone/improved/what-have-you...then my first playthrough will feel like I didn't get the full experience. Like I said...mileage will vary per person on how much this really matters, but for me, personally, it's something that really turns me off from the game.

It's definitely not Square alone who does this...but it's still an issue for me regardless of who the producer is. When someone tells me a game gets better on the second playthrough, it's basically the same as telling me it won't get better...since I don't plan to spend the time to get there again.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334