By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - [Update] CIA & FBI Report: Russia did things to help get Trump elected

Talal said:

I don't think the issue here is knowing that foreign states tried to influence the election. You have to think of the motives.

Sure, but we knew very well what the motives were all along because, as you said, Clinton is the most status quo candidate who ever status quoed while Trump is more concerned with jihadism than with Russia and regards Russia as a potential partner against it. This was all in the open before the vote and was a major issue in the campaign, in fact, to the extent that there were any major issues besides, "omg trump said wat????" So I don't see the scandal here unless it's the fact that people like John Podesta are so clueless about cybersecurity that they use passwords such as "p@ssword"... and continue doing so even when their emails are exposed to the entire world.

Around the Network
FunFan said:
Bandorr said:
I'm just going to go with this quote.

"Look, it's not about what Russia released. It's about the active involvement of a foreign govt electing our president. That's the problem."

This issue is this is always bad. You can't play a fair weather fan in this situation. It isn't "well they released THIS information so it is good" then later shame them when they do something else.

Russia didn't elected shit. They simply pointed something out, and correctly guessed there would be enough intelligent people in America to make the right choice. Besides, is highly questionable that the emails had that much impact the elections. Plenty of people were already dissapointed in the establishment and plenty more were loosing/already lost their jobs hanks to Obama.

Trumps message of putting Americans first is what won him the election.

honest question, did you get this from facebook?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Its simple russia wants Trump as he wont give a crap about Syria while Hillary wanted to start a war there.

I do not think they will allow Trump to serve his whole mandate... Talk about sore losers =(

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

LadyJasmine said:
Its simple russia wants Trump as he wont give a crap about Syria while Hillary wanted to start a war there.

Thank the Lord for that. Hillary wanted to depose Bashar Al Saad and that means WW3

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

Yeah I think Hillary biggest flaw was her foreign policy neo conservative values.

deskpro2k3 said:

Source: The Washington Post -  Secret CIA assessment says Russia was trying to help Trump win White House

Leaked CIA memo showed that the Russian government did do some things to try to help Trump get elected, not just to cast doubt on the US democracy and its election system.

TLDR:

Intelligence agencies have identified individuals with connections to the Russian government who provided WikiLeaks with thousands of hacked emails from the Democratic National Committee and others, including Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman, according to U.S. officials. Those officials described the individuals as actors known to the intelligence community and part of a wider Russian operation to boost Trump and hurt Clinton’s chances. The CIA shared its latest assessment with key senators in a closed-door briefing on Capitol Hill last week, in which agency officials cited a growing body of intelligence from multiple sources. Agency briefers told the senators it was now “quite clear” that electing Trump was Russia’s goal, according to the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss intelligence matters.

To some, this is grounds for war.

I knew all along the Ruskies couldn't be trusted. They were scum back then, and they're scum now.

It's thanks to them that America has officially become the second Russia, minus the alcoholism and death camps for gays.

Putin and his supporters each need a hole in the head for this.

bunchanumbers said:
MTZehvor said:

Two things.

1) The FBI director is limited to a single 10 year term. Comey cannot hold the position for life.

2) It's kind of hard to make the case that Comey's "incompetence" was what caused the Clinton fiasco, when she not only lied about the number of emails, the number of devices she stored classified emails on, and about turning the emails over, but also attempted to permanently destroy the emails past the point of recovery with Bleachbit. Perhaps the Anthony Weiner emails should have been handled more discretely, but it's difficult to blame him for feeling the need to mention that new evidence had come to light given how...unorthodox the actions by the Clinton campaign were during the initial investigation.

1. Trump can and will most likely fix that. If he doesn't make it an executive order to give him the position for life, he'll most likely find himself a nice office in Trump Tower next to the agents that are under Rudy's thumb. Trump rewards loyalty. Ask Linda Mcmahon.

2. Comey didn't even know what he had and didn't even bother to seriously look into it before making his announcement to congress about those found emails. He should have absolutely acted with discretion because it is policy not to interfere with political elections. Instead he went out of his way to do this and he directly influenced a political election. Maybe even moreso than Russia did.  I have no idea who he is paid off by but what he did was against DoJ recommendations.

1) Firstly, you can't just executive order a law to no longer exist. Secondly, even if he could, it's highly unlikely, considering many Republicans consistently accuse him of being a corrupt Hillary supporter in the same way that you accuse him of being "paid off" by someone supporting Trump. He's a guy that somehow became one of the few things that Republicans and Democrats could agree on. Finally, even if the first two did not apply, I can't imagine why that would bother you given that Hillary Clinton did virtually the exact same thing with appointing Debbie Wascherman-Schultz as her honorary campaign chair after she was forced to resign after attempting to rig the primary election against Sanders.

2) Simultaneously, if you've been investigating into an extremely suspiciously handled case earlier, and then new facts about said case come to light, don't the American people have the right to know that there is new information that needs to be looked over? What if there had been something that indicated a serious violation of procedure that was worth prosecution, and the American people hadn't been made aware of it until after they elected her? Can you imagine the outrage that would have occurred as a result? It may not be policy to "interfere" with political elections, but I will remind you that none of this would have been a problem in the first place if the Clinton campaign had simply cooperated and handed over all requested emails from the beginning, instead of trying to hide and even erase them from existence. You lose a lot of potential sympathy when your coverup is the reason why details don't get revealed until the last second.

Oh dang!

I am loving the plot twists!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

This is most likely the next step in events leading up to World War III. We won't be safe until Russia burns to the ground, and Adolf Putin with it. Scum, every single one of them.

User was moderated for this and several posts throughout this thread

-Super_Boom