By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 sales to trounce Xbox One by 20 million by end of 2016, says analyst

I think Xbone did 22M in some windows event some months ago and now PS4 going past 50million few days back.

Around the Network

Xbox One is around 26 million, and the PS4 is a bit over 50 million. So its probably already doing more than that sadly...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

barneystinson69 said:

Xbox One is around 26 million, and the PS4 is a bit over 50 million. So its probably already doing more than that sadly...

To be honest, I think it's always been the case. Both consoles seem to have carved out the market. MS and Sony literally haven't released their grip on their 28.6 and 55 percent... 

As numbers increase, so will the numerical gap, even though market share will probably stay for the rest of the generation... 

sometimes the ps4 numbers that vgchartz get isnt as accurate ..xbox is popular in america...so its easy to get solid numbers....ps4 is popular here and worldwide sometimes it harder to note how many have been sold in areas that don't keep track. Many of the console sold to europe get shipped to different countries in the surronding area.

LivingMetal said:

PS4 sales to trounce Xbox One by 20 million by end of 2016, says analyst

Sony looks set to hold a 20 million lead over the Xbox One with the PS4 by the time this holiday season wraps.

PlayStation 4 will finish this holiday season with a 20 million lead over its lead rival, the Xbox One, according to analysts at DFC Intelligence.

PS4 vs Xbox One - Sony poised to land a significant lead

The company predicts that not only will the format holder finish this year with 50 million worldwide PS4 sales---their prediction was penned prior to Sony’s sales announcement earlier this week---but Xbox One sales will stagnate year-on-year and fail to hit their 30 million target. DFC’s analyst was on point in terms of PS4 sales, there’s a chance that the console may indeed hit that 20 million lead over its rival. 

Microsoft of course does not divulge exact sales figures for its current-generation console, although it has been reported many times that PS4 is enjoying a significant lead over its rival in terms of worldwide sales. Indeed, with the system now at 50 million units sold worldwide, it’ll be interesting to see just how well the Xbox One can stack up for the remainder of the year.

In recent months, Microsoft has gained some ground in the U.S. thanks to the release of the Xbox One S, plus a series of high-profile exclusives including Forza Horizon 3 and Gears of War 4. This has resulted in the Xbox One topping PS4 in monthly sales over there, although last month Sony secured the top-selling hardware position thanks to the release of the PS4 Pro.

It’s been quite a significant year for Sony in regards to hardware releases in fact, with not only the PS4 Pro hitting stores as mentioned, but also the PS4 Slim, a trimmer version of Sony’s flagship console that replaces the existing, standard model, plus of course PlayStation VR. Microsoft, however, is waiting until holiday 2017 to unleash the next iteration of its Xbox family, namely the Xbox Scorpio, which will reportedly be the most powerful games console ever made.

Looking ahead for Sony, PS4 has a number of major titles due for release in 2017, including Resident Evil 7 biohazard, Gran Turismo Sport, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Persona 5, Tekken 7, Ace Combat 7, Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue. 

http://www.psu.com/news/31772/ps4-sales-xbox-one-2016

So Xbox One is undertracked by 3 + million right?

Than Xbox One is at 27.8 ~Million now with  9.5 million console sales per yera thats awesome for the Xone!

Around the Network
Barkley said:

"The company predicts that not only will the format holder finish this year with 50 million worldwide PS4 sales---their prediction was penned prior to Sony’s sales announcement earlier this week---but Xbox One sales will stagnate year-on-year and fail to hit their 30 million target."

Well as the PS4 has already beaten there estimate of 50 million by the end of the year there 20 million lead is quite a bit off the mark also.

Ps 4 has sold this 50 million to shops,perhaps?

CGI-Quality said:
GarlandSteve74 said:
I appreciate your input, but I think I'll go with the (paid) analyst's thoughts on this one.

The "paid analyst" who's math is totally wrong? Be my guest. Nothing illegal about wilful ignorance.

So yeah and you are right without any numbers from ms nobody  knows how xbox is selling in canada, most parts of europe, south africa or australian and NZ!

CGI-Quality said:
GarlandSteve74 said:

First line of the article sited in the OP:

"PlayStation 4 will finish this holiday season with a 20 million lead over its lead rival, the Xbox One, according to analysts at DFC Intelligence."

If that is correct, you're saying the Xbox One has sold over 30 million units as of December 9, 2016. Yes? 

Read the rest:

"The company predicts that not only will the format holder finish this year with 50 million worldwide PS4 sales---their prediction was penned prior to Sony’s sales announcement earlier this week---but Xbox One sales will stagnate year-on-year and fail to hit their 30 million target. DFC’s analyst was on point in terms of PS4 sales, there’s a chance that the console may indeed hit that 20 million lead over its rival. "

If they will "fail to hit their target", how can it be below 20 million units sold, currently? They also "predict that the PS4 will finish the year with 50 million units sold". That will prove to be a few million too short.

its possible that Xone will hit 28-29 million if you see that Xone is undertracked in most games and Hardware outside uk and us!

The only thing we know that XOne is market leader in middle and south africa with an 80% market share and that it is market leader in australia and nz.

Aura7541 said:
GarlandSteve74 said:

I appreciate your input as well, but until your information is published on a repuatable website as DFC's was, I think I'll go with what the professionals have to say.

How do you know DFC is reputable? I never even heard of it. And this is also an Appeal to Authority fallacy. EA and Ubisoft also have access to numbers from NPD, GFK, and so forth. What makes them less credible than DFC, a group I never heard of?

Refute my points rather than resorting to fallacies.

Just like how Windows Central (no bias in that name) and crapgamer are reputable sources, now, to some Xbox fans. Can't handle reality, so they'll grab onto to any misinformation and see it as truth. Quite sad.

Jigsawx1 said:
CGI-Quality said:

If that is correct, you're saying the Xbox One has sold over 30 million units as of December 9, 2016. Yes? 

Read the rest:

"The company predicts that not only will the format holder finish this year with 50 million worldwide PS4 sales---their prediction was penned prior to Sony’s sales announcement earlier this week---but Xbox One sales will stagnate year-on-year and fail to hit their 30 million target. DFC’s analyst was on point in terms of PS4 sales, there’s a chance that the console may indeed hit that 20 million lead over its rival. "

If they will "fail to hit their target", how can it be below 20 million units sold, currently? They also "predict that the PS4 will finish the year with 50 million units sold". That will prove to be a few million too short.

its possible that Xone will hit 28-29 million if you see that Xone is undertracked in most games and Hardware outside uk and us!

The only thing we know that XOne is market leader in middle and south africa with an 80% market share and that it is market leader in australia and nz.

It's not the market leader in Australia and New Zealand.