By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware estimates in the OP!

Shadow1980 said:

Amazon has been vindicated!

Prediction accuracy improved from 94.44% to 94.6%. 35 out of 37 months correct since the PS4 & XBO released.

Now to wait for Aqua. Hopefully she'll be back on Twitter next month. She said she wouldn't be on at all this month.

Naaaa, not yet. Pro preorders mean we can't know for certain whether Amazon was right. We'll have to wait til Dec and even then there's a chance of it getting 'lucky'. Dec/Jan/Feb and I'll be ready to invest again.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
binary solo said:

Really? Halo Wars 2 is going to push hardware this far into the cycle?

Why wouldnt it?

Halo Wars would move xbox units the way something like FF Type-0 would move units.  Your Halo fans that enjoy the FPS experience aren't gonna play a RTS.  Hell, do you really think they would've went so long between Halo Wars games if they thought they were serious unit movers?

Neodegenerate said:
jason1637 said:

Why wouldnt it?

Halo Wars would move xbox units the way something like FF Type-0 would move units.  Your Halo fans that enjoy the FPS experience aren't gonna play a RTS.  Hell, do you really think they would've went so long between Halo Wars games if they thought they were serious unit movers?

That's a very good comparison in my opinion.

Normchacho said:
jason1637 said:

Why wouldnt it?

Because it's not a hugely popular franchise.

The first one did 639k FM in the US. and VGC says 1.5m life time in the US with 2.6m WW.

Neodegenerate said:
jason1637 said:

Why wouldnt it?

Xb360 sold 330k when the first one came out. The first one sold 2.6m so yes Halo fans do enjoy  RTS. It took them a while because Bungie left and 343 started Halo 4. Then MCC to push and FPS Halo. They were working on Halo Wars 2 as they were making 5,

Hiku said:
Aura7541 said:

And their engagement PR sounds weird, too. It sounds like MS is doing a YOY comparison on a specific day (November 27, 2016 vs. November 27, 2015) as opposed to a month YOY comparison.

That is pretty weird. Gotta hand it to their PR team, they come up with new and creative ways to illustrate engagement.

If I could make a requst to them, I'd like to know how many bullets were fired in Halo 5 on December 12, between 5:17 PM and 6:35 PM.

Their marketing has been pretty bad, as well. Just look at their marketing for Dead Rising 4.

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:
Hiku said:

That is pretty weird. Gotta hand it to their PR team, they come up with new and creative ways to illustrate engagement.

If I could make a requst to them, I'd like to know how many bullets were fired in Halo 5 on December 12, between 5:17 PM and 6:35 PM.

Their marketing has been pretty bad, as well. Just look at their marketing for Dead Rising 4.

That Dead Rising marketing was super bad.

1 FFXV ps4 luna edition owner here.

Microsofts funny response is back after four months. I missed those. They always makes me laugh.

Will we get numbers?

CosmicSex said:
Will we get numbers?

Unless someone Like Zhuge announces them....probably not till January.....Zhuge has kinda disappeared lol

Preston Scott