By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 18 straight weeks in a row PS3 pwns XBox 360 in console sales.

>>The DS and Wii outsell everyone again but yeah they are much cheaper than the two HD gaming consoles.

Around the Network

well you can tell Sony is really pushing to strengthen the PSN with the update before last and update 2.30 bring a really nice looking store. Now they need HOME and the PSN would become one of their strongest selling features.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Reasonable said:
In general I agree we probably don't need this kind of post every week, but then where would the site be without the weekly 'outsold again by x' post, the 'DS trounces the PSP' post, the '360 exclusives may be coming to PS3' post, its close relative 'the PS3 exclusives may be coming to 360' post and the straight out biased 'let me tell you why my favourite console is doing great' posts...

For those bored of these posts on 1st April I recommend watching the flying penguins on BBC... fly you little suckers, fly!

I agree that the comparison threads make for interesting reads, as do the speculation about future releases, but this thread is intentional flamebait.  A difference of 10k-40k weekly is hardly "pwnage."  The only week that qualifies for that is this week, and it has a major PS3 release. 

Million said:
Zassk said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

"18 straight wins in a row PS3 pwns XBox 360 in world wide console sales".

In 18 weeks the PS3 sold 721,767 more consoles than the XBox 360. At this rate it will take 165 weeks to erase the remaining gap of 6.6 million consoles. So the PS3 will still have a smaller installed base than the XBox 360 until June 2011.

This is Gamecube-come-from-behind-in-year-5 territory - not really a win for Sony at all. These small weekly wins by the PS3 just aren't good enough to erase its late launch.

You haven't accounted for 

The PS3's exclusives

Home (it's effect is arguables)

Price Drop / New SKU

Holiday Season

Each one of these factors is enough for the PS3 to get whithin 2-3 million of the 360's install base by New Years.

I don't doubt that some big holidays will put the PS3 around the same mark as the 360 WW, but it would still look like the 360 will have a stranglehold on the US market.  Since some of the PS3 exclusives are US oriented, they could be wasted potential.

montrealsoon said:
>>The DS and Wii outsell everyone again but yeah they are much cheaper than the two HD gaming consoles.<<

Isn't the 360 Arcade now cheaper than the Wii in Europe?

(the 360 Arcade is still a "HD gaming console"...)

Please correct me if i'm mistaken but doesn't the arcade sell worse than the Premium and Elite? 

Around the Network
Reasonable said:
In general I agree we probably don't need this kind of post every week, but then where would the site be without the weekly 'outsold again by x' post, the 'DS trounces the PSP' post, the '360 exclusives may be coming to PS3' post, its close relative 'the PS3 exclusives may be coming to 360' post and the straight out biased 'let me tell you why my favourite console is doing great' posts...

For those bored of these posts on 1st April I recommend watching the flying penguins on BBC... fly you little suckers, fly!

That is VGChartz for you lol. BTW no matter what console you own may the best horse win lol.

Horse I meant console, lol. 

Other Sony beat 360 x week? Stop make this threads, and Why Sony increase sales in Japan and beat X360 in América?

@ MANUELF: The threads will never end....

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

@Million; yes, the lower tier models sell a lot less than the Pro, Elite and Premium.
@montrealsoon; the Core and Arcade are a lot cheaper than the Wii now, and the Pro is also cheaper here in Norway.

Create a thread for every million the PS3 sells. People create threads about the Wii has increased by 0.1% on its market share, Wii will reach 50% market share(I hope not) in x number weeks.