By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXV Japanese Sales OVEREACTION

We have to wait for some digital numbers, even Japan being extremely physical based market, things can change. But what is disappointing is that FF is a franchise that sells consoles, the fans get a console just for the game, this is why MS got crazy about it last gen, because this game is a system seller and a very decisive point when choosing wich system to buy.

The point here is SE being able to stop used copies from flooding the market as long as they can so they can benefit from legs for some time..

Around the Network
HoangNhatAnh said:

Nope, base on Dengeki and Media Create report, FFXV(including digital) only sold ~ 60% shipment

Just so you know, that does not include digital lol 

think-man said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Nope, base on Dengeki and Media Create report, FFXV(including digital) only sold ~ 60% shipment

I think that those 60% can't include digital because digital shipments are unlimited.

Swordmasterman said:
think-man said:

I think that those 60% can't include digital because digital shipments are unlimited.

They don't because no one offically tracks digital. The only find of digital they could track is dlc vouchers that are sold in stores. Other than that we can only go off how much the game has been rated on the PSN but since not everyone rates games they buy off the PSN even that is not accurate. I did a count up of the USA, EU, JP and China FF pre orders a week before launch and it was rated 23 thousand times all up. Once a game launches the ratings go back to 0 though and start again.

Swordmasterman said:
Jranation said:

Oh dang! 

If Nintendo did that with their games, I would most certainly wait a couple weeks. 

Lol, such reaction because of a 20% discount ? Isn't that only 10US$ or so ?

I would love that discount here in Australia. Like I said Nintendo games takes aaaages to reduce their price. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
think-man said:
Swordmasterman said:

They don't because no one offically tracks digital. The only find of digital they could track is dlc vouchers that are sold in stores. Other than that we can only go off how much the game has been rated on the PSN but since not everyone rates games they buy off the PSN even that is not accurate. I did a count up of the USA, EU, JP and China FF pre orders a week before launch and it was rated 23 thousand times all up. Once a game launches the ratings go back to 0 though and start again.

Yeah i wonder how this will reflect sales in the coming years...

maybe square knows these digital sales numbers ....maybe thats why they are celebrating.

Well, home consoles are not what they used to be in Japan, so that was to be expected. They are pretty good numbers anyway.

numbers are lower... that's all I guess no?

Switch!!!

The game is severely underperforming by main entry standards. Still selling a lot of course but far below the franchise standards and no the PS4's install base is not to blame for the 50% drop.

FXIII series damaging the brand and XV being an action RPG, probably are.

teigaga said:
The game is severely underperforming by main entry standards. Still selling a lot of course but far below the franchise standards and no the PS4's install base is not to blame for the 50% drop.

FXIII series damaging the brand and XV being an action RPG, probably are.

I agree that FFxIII is damaged the brand...

But...I dont think anyone in the gaming industry especially square-enix sees this japanese release as an underperformance. They seem to want to invest more in this game designed and im guessing their next 2 or 3 releases will be very similiar to FFXV.