By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXV Japanese Sales OVEREACTION

gatito said:
Those numbers are nothing to write home about no matter how you try to spin it.

but they are...square is celebrating...and honesty ff fans should to.

Around the Network

The reaction is understandable because this is a heavy weight franchise, my personal view is that it's due to the decline of consoles in Japan rather than the franchise but the's no denying those numbers are shockingly low for a mainline installment of a franchise of that caliber.

I thought the numbers were pretty good as well. But apparently a lot of people think it's bad looking at that other thread.

There's a thread on gaf where it's claiming that Final Fantasy 15 is discounted 20% in Japan already, if that's true the "overreaction" is deserved.

_Jameson said:
There's a thread on gaf where it's claiming that Final Fantasy 15 is discounted 20% in Japan already, if that's true the "overreaction" is deserved.

Haha lol

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
_Jameson said:

That happens to every AAA game lol you need to visit game stores more often.  Like i said to tbone51 my game store already has titanfall 2 selling at 57% discounted. 

think-man said:
_Jameson said:

That happens to every AAA game lol you need to visit game stores more often.  Like i said to tbone51 my game store already has titanfall 2 selling at 57% discounted. 

That's because Titanfall 2 bombed...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1323277

soulripper31 said:
think-man said:

That's because Titanfall 2 bombed...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1323277

Alkibiádēs please don't message me on an alt,  if you want to talk with me man up please.  I guess Battlefield 1 must have flopped too then because its also been discounted 40%

if you didn't know anything about the sales history of the franchise or the install bases that they were on you would probably think that was good yeah.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

01. / 00. [PS3] Final Fantasy XIII (Square Enix) - 1.501.964 / NEW

|System | This Week | Last Week | YTD | LTD |
| PS3 | 237.086 | 75.086 | 1.654.012 | 4.276.480 |

Media Create Sell-through

01./00. [PS4] Final Fantasy XV # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2016.11.29} (¥8.800) - 690.471 / NEW <64,63%> [Units shipped => 1.068.344] 

Bundle Sales

00./00. [PS4] Final Fantasy XV (4)(PlayStation 4 1TB Final Fantasy XV Luna Edition) <BUN> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (¥39.980) - 63.000 / NEW

http://www.m-create.com/ranking/

_____

So, there're almost 400k still on shelves. 
The worst thing is that first 3 days sell-through was reported to be ~60% (640k sales). That means that on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, FFXV only managed to sell extra 50k units. That's terrible, and second week drop might be huge.