Forums - General Discussion - Pokemon Go Generation 2 failed to arrive. New patch, new error messages!

Tagged games:

Will Gen 2 Save PoGo?

Yes, Millions will return. 2 4.55%
 
Yes, interest will return, smaller scale 15 34.09%
 
Yes, but much smaller 4 9.09%
 
No, Has Peaked, Never returning 14 31.82%
 
No, Has Peaked, Needs Maj... 6 13.64%
 
No, Has Peaked, Needs PoGo2 Different Dev 0 0.00%
 
Ganon's a fool, Show me the results!! 3 6.82%
 
Total:44

Aren't the new pokemon planned to release on the 12th? That's what I recall reading recently. Also, got the update with no problems~ Things like the bars for the super attacks being purple instead of blue, seeing the typings of pokemon in the gyms, and amount walked and candies a pokemon has with the buddy system.



 

              

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
Aren't the new pokemon planned to release on the 12th? That's what I recall reading recently. Also, got the update with no problems~ Things like the bars for the super attacks being purple instead of blue, seeing the typings of pokemon in the gyms, and amount walked and candies a pokemon has with the buddy system.

see the new transfer system? Hold your finger on a Pokemon to highlight it, then start tapping others to transfer in bulk. That feature is so overdue it's untrue, now they need to replace the camera icon in battles with the Raspberry and we'll have a game which is far more functional for users, I mean... how often do people feel the need to take pictures of the Pokemon they find? even if you do find something rare and want to take a picture of it.... you'll also want to throw a berry to that Pokemon to catch it. The berry should not need going into the menu to get.



Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Ganoncrotch said:
Cloudman said:
Aren't the new pokemon planned to release on the 12th? That's what I recall reading recently. Also, got the update with no problems~ Things like the bars for the super attacks being purple instead of blue, seeing the typings of pokemon in the gyms, and amount walked and candies a pokemon has with the buddy system.

see the new transfer system? Hold your finger on a Pokemon to highlight it, then start tapping others to transfer in bulk. That feature is so overdue it's untrue, now they need to replace the camera icon in battles with the Raspberry and we'll have a game which is far more functional for users, I mean... how often do people feel the need to take pictures of the Pokemon they find? even if you do find something rare and want to take a picture of it.... you'll also want to throw a berry to that Pokemon to catch it. The berry should not need going into the menu to get.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that feature. That's another cool feature to have now, as I used to have to do it one at a time. Your suggestion for having an icon for a rassberry would be nice for convenience. Being able to switch pokeballs on the fly would be nice as well. While we're no the topic of feature, a change I'd like to have as well is having to click on the ball on screen to use it, rather than click anywhere on the screen. I've had so many times where I tried to escape from a pokemon, only to miss and have ball drop and be wasted...



 

              

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Darwinianevolution said:
This update should wait until spring, when people can go outside once again without the freezing cold.

Lucky for us Aus players........ its getting hot in here XD 



Pocky Lover Boy! 

Cloudman said:
Ganoncrotch said:

see the new transfer system? Hold your finger on a Pokemon to highlight it, then start tapping others to transfer in bulk. That feature is so overdue it's untrue, now they need to replace the camera icon in battles with the Raspberry and we'll have a game which is far more functional for users, I mean... how often do people feel the need to take pictures of the Pokemon they find? even if you do find something rare and want to take a picture of it.... you'll also want to throw a berry to that Pokemon to catch it. The berry should not need going into the menu to get.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that feature. That's another cool feature to have now, as I used to have to do it one at a time. Your suggestion for having an icon for a rassberry would be nice for convenience. Being able to switch pokeballs on the fly would be nice as well. While we're no the topic of feature, a change I'd like to have as well is having to click on the ball on screen to use it, rather than click anywhere on the screen. I've had so many times where I tried to escape from a pokemon, only to miss and have ball drop and be wasted...

Yeah that would be nice indeed, I know that exact feeling, when you click into a Pokemon and find it's a 450CP rattata who is just going to destroy a load of Pokeballs... "I know, I'll leave this battle and save them..." Drops two on the ground tapping on exit "You win this time Rat...."

Wouldn't be so bad if Balls weren't in such short supply now, hurts when I think of all of the ones I discarded earlier during play to keep Revives and Max Potions lol.

Would be awesome if they gave you something for those items too instead of just throwing them away, it feels like wasted effort, even if it was something like Grind up potions into Stardust at a tiny rate, would still be better than just throwing away items for nothing.



Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
Cloudman said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that feature. That's another cool feature to have now, as I used to have to do it one at a time. Your suggestion for having an icon for a rassberry would be nice for convenience. Being able to switch pokeballs on the fly would be nice as well. While we're no the topic of feature, a change I'd like to have as well is having to click on the ball on screen to use it, rather than click anywhere on the screen. I've had so many times where I tried to escape from a pokemon, only to miss and have ball drop and be wasted...

Yeah that would be nice indeed, I know that exact feeling, when you click into a Pokemon and find it's a 450CP rattata who is just going to destroy a load of Pokeballs... "I know, I'll leave this battle and save them..." Drops two on the ground tapping on exit "You win this time Rat...."

Wouldn't be so bad if Balls weren't in such short supply now, hurts when I think of all of the ones I discarded earlier during play to keep Revives and Max Potions lol.

Would be awesome if they gave you something for those items too instead of just throwing them away, it feels like wasted effort, even if it was something like Grind up potions into Stardust at a tiny rate, would still be better than just throwing away items for nothing.

Yeah, keeping a large stock of pokeballs has been very problematic for me. It doesn't help when I'm trying to restock at a park, so many pokemon appear while doing so, kind of leaving me at a stand still. I wish they at least they would increase how many times you get per stop. It's utter BS...



 

              

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Point 1 isn't a good point. If you can't even make the first point good then why waste your time with the next few? Point 1 is your opinion. The rest of this list is what plagued the game already



Jranation said:
Darwinianevolution said:
This update should wait until spring, when people can go outside once again without the freezing cold.

Lucky for us Aus players........ its getting hot in here XD 

Like that matters, weather never stopped us back in July when it launched. You could go down to the beach here at 11-Midnight and there were hundreds of people freezing their ass of just to catch some more Pokemon

Man that shit was insane, never seen a cultural phenomenon like that in my life before.



StarOcean said:
Point 1 isn't a good point. If you can't even make the first point good then why waste your time with the next few? Point 1 is your opinion. The rest of this list is what plagued the game already

It's not an opinion that the Pokemon of generation two are less know to the general public than those of Gen1, that is a fact. If you think otherwise you are suggesting that something from Gen 2 has the same appeal as Pikachu, or even look at the starter Pokemon, compare gen 1 to 2's starters and then think to yourself if they have the same recognition factor, if you think they do, then you're wrong, it's as easy as that I'm afraid.

As for point 2, yes exactly, it is what plagued the game and my point with the thread originally was that this issue would not be resolved with the introduction of Gen 2 Pokemon.



Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

ktay95 said:
Jranation said:

Lucky for us Aus players........ its getting hot in here XD 

Like that matters, weather never stopped us back in July when it launched. You could go down to the beach here at 11-Midnight and there were hundreds of people freezing their ass of just to catch some more Pokemon

Man that shit was insane, never seen a cultural phenomenon like that in my life before.

If people are running into issues with playing this but weather has become an issue btw I would really recommend picking up a pair of something like this

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Women-Men-Knitted-Gloves-Warm-Finger-for-Phone-Tablet-Touch-Screen-Glove-Black-/331586196205?hash=item4d3413d2ed:g:76YAAOSwpDdU-CO0

They're really cheap and work great for playing the game while keeping your hands warm.



Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8