By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Pokemon Go Generation 2 failed to arrive. New patch, new error messages!

Tagged games:

Will Gen 2 Save PoGo?

Yes, Millions will return. 2 4.55%

Yes, interest will return, smaller scale 15 34.09%

Yes, but much smaller 4 9.09%

No, Has Peaked, Never returning 14 31.82%

No, Has Peaked, Needs Maj... 6 13.64%

No, Has Peaked, Needs PoGo2 Different Dev 0 0%

Ganon's a fool, Show me the results!! 3 6.82%

Total:44
Darwinianevolution said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Yeah Mid winter is a very bad time I think for it to drop too, but I think if you look at Amazon Ratings for the game in terms of popular apps it's currently down at 60+ spot and even in the Highest Grossing charts it's currently dropped down to 5th place now. I think it will be released in Alarm mode to try to keep the game some what relevant because if you drop from the top 100 I mean you are basically competing with utter rubbish to get any sort of footing ever again.

If they do release it soon it most certainly wouldn't have been their ideal time to release it though.

They should release the trade function once and for all. That way, people would use the app again without the need of going outside. Just trade the extra regional pokemon you caught.

Trading in PoGo though would require one extra feature to stop it being abused and it involves doing work, which is something Niantic have proved over the last 6 months that they're just incapable of doing.

For trading to work and not be abused you would need Pokemon to have unique spawn id's really and prevent people from trading to get more of a guy who they already caught, otherwise the nut cases who have 3+ phones with them playing it will find a Snorlax or something, then catch it 3 times and transfer them all to the one account, you would need something like a Unique id to prevent you getting the same guy twice (they could be lazy and do it based on the IV and % since the chances of 2 identically IV'd rare Pokemon isn't really likely.

But yeah, Battling, Trading, Tracking (which actually works), Altering Pokestops to be PokeCenters, all those things which Niantic talked about months ago and what have we gotten so far? eeerr... we can't spin stops if we walk fast and we ... get less items for catching when we do spin them? Great!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Jpcc86 said:

I stopped playing a long ago because I felt they games was not polished and terribly unbalanced. Did they ever revamped the stats/moves to balance the pokemon and make all, or at least most, of them useful? Or are all the gyms still defended by Dragonites, Vaporeons and Exeggutors of 2000-3000cp.

They recently enough done a rebalancing over CP to make the game more competitive, this rebalance included Nerfing Bellsprouts and Vileplums (a counter to Vaporeons. Nerfing Dewgong (Dragonites counter)

But the hilarious thing is if you look at the guys who got buffed and more powerful

Dragonite, Snorlax and all Eeveelutions were all buffed a ton, so yeah the guys who are always in Gyms are now always in Gyms but even more powerful.

Oh... and Alakazam was buffed from being the worst piece of shit in the game up to a potential 2.4k guy at level 30 (happy with mine.. but I haven't fought in a Gym in about 2 weeks because it's freezing outside and it's fucking 10 cent lol, I make the same amount at work every 10 seconds, I'm not going to stand out in the rain in a dark park for this. But equally because of how broken the system is I've not put any cash into it since the original €5 I invested when the game launched and it had potential, because as much as I have a ton of cash, I'm not going to pay a dev to fuck up the game worse.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

No, you're wrong, and crazy. What a waste of the thread.

... Haha, no I kid. I was gonna ask what you thought on this possible new update, and now I know. Personally, I'm excited for Gen 2 since it's my fav and has some of my bigger favorites. I think you have a point that the new addition won't be as big as the initial start of the game. However, I don't think it can easily be decided which people will be rare, since during my play through I've found so many pokemon, some I never thought I'd see in the wild. I've gotten 120 some of the pokemon already, with the only non-legendary ones being seel and the grimer line.

Looking from the list of pokemon, likely the ones that could be rare are Blissey, Porygon 2, Unnown, and perhaps Sudowoodo (He seems more a replacement for rare Snorlax). I don't think it'll be as much as 40 pokemon that will be hard to find.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I think we might see a small spike in activity (similar to what happened with the Halloween event), but in terms of full-scale revival I think not.

Ganoncrotch said:
Jpcc86 said:

I stopped playing a long ago because I felt they games was not polished and terribly unbalanced. Did they ever revamped the stats/moves to balance the pokemon and make all, or at least most, of them useful? Or are all the gyms still defended by Dragonites, Vaporeons and Exeggutors of 2000-3000cp.

They recently enough done a rebalancing over CP to make the game more competitive, this rebalance included Nerfing Bellsprouts and Vileplums (a counter to Vaporeons. Nerfing Dewgong (Dragonites counter)

But the hilarious thing is if you look at the guys who got buffed and more powerful

Dragonite, Snorlax and all Eeveelutions were all buffed a ton, so yeah the guys who are always in Gyms are now always in Gyms but even more powerful.

Oh... and Alakazam was buffed from being the worst piece of shit in the game up to a potential 2.4k guy at level 30 (happy with mine.. but I haven't fought in a Gym in about 2 weeks because it's freezing outside and it's fucking 10 cent lol, I make the same amount at work every 10 seconds, I'm not going to stand out in the rain in a dark park for this. But equally because of how broken the system is I've not put any cash into it since the original €5 I invested when the game launched and it had potential, because as much as I have a ton of cash, I'm not going to pay a dev to fuck up the game worse.

Wow, that actually sounds terrible. :( 

I stopped playing because I felt the pokemons I like the most were completely useless in the game so I didn't want to play if im gonna be forced to used the same 5-8 pokemon everyone uses that I didn't like and it like its still the same. It doesnt help that a lot people used hacked and fake GPS exploits to get tons of Dragonites and Snorlax or Lapras.

Around the Network

I think they can't wait till summer to release a new gen, the game will be comepletely forgotten by then.
Maybe they'll give us gen 3 in spring.

Jpcc86 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Wow, that actually sounds terrible. :( 

I stopped playing because I felt the pokemons I like the most were completely useless in the game so I didn't want to play if im gonna be forced to used the same 5-8 pokemon everyone uses that I didn't like and it like its still the same. It doesnt help that a lot people used hacked and fake GPS exploits to get tons of Dragonites and Snorlax or Lapras.

Aye there is a person in my small ish town of about 8 Gyms who has full sets of close to 4k Dragonites, like he has had each of the Gyms in town held with a Dragonite all powered to the max his level would allow with candy, very clearly not earned the normal way but that's the nature of the game I find, cheaters and disinterest.

I was also really annoyed with the Vaporeon craze as the only other strong thing and couldn't believe nerfing both the Grass end tiers which were a way to stop him, Also Parasect who can have Solar Beam was also nerfed, it's almost like the lads at Niantic have picked their favourite Mon and have balanced the game more to make those great but not actually "balance" the game at all. The buff to Alakazam was cool, but he still has little to no health I think at 2.4k he has still under 100hp in comparison to my Snorlax of 2.3k which is over the 200hp mark and can survive a ton more when slogging through gym fights. Not all Pokemon are created equally in the game (even those with Equal CP and ability on paper.)

Flilix said:
I think they can't wait till summer to release a new gen, the game will be comepletely forgotten by then.
Maybe they'll give us gen 3 in spring.

Quite possibly, I mean if you look at Pokemon go all the game has to add are the 3d models which are ripped directly from X and Y and just slap some random moves and powers to them, it's not like there is any major balancing done with the game in terms of pvp or so.

Also Generation 3 adds 135 Pokemon, only 2 of which are related to Old Mon by evolving so there is a lot more fresh faces going to be added when that does appear (again they aren't going to be known by the casual player, but it's potentially a ton more interesting things on the street than HootHoot and Co incoming soon I think.

Update to this, still no sign of Generation 2, but one thing which has appeared on my game was a shocking message about

Failed to initialize
Hardware no longer compatible, sorry!

Was fairly sad about it, but said for the lack of any information about new devices being removed from compatibility lists I would go for a reinstall.

Works fine now again, was back in game, using the mass transfer tool but still though, fairly scary random bug, last update had the game create a clone icon which did nothing on my phone, this time it threatened to just not run anymore on the thing.

Gotta lovvvvvvvvvvvveeee Niantic.

Edit - New patch has also bought with it a captcha system for people who are "drifting" their eggs to hatch. Basically if you are in an area with poor GPS and you leave your phone on a table or so with Pokemon go Open it would walk about randomly and slowly hatch your eggs over time, Niantic have come up with a way to detect this sort of movement in a small area and now fire a captcha every minute or two to halt anyone trying to hatch those eggs without handing over €1.50 for incubators. Can't be having that!

In other news Pokemon Go is now listed as Number 75 in "top apps" and has fallen to 7th in the "top grossing" category. Now does seem like a good time for Niantic to do something or at least acknowledge the games fall from glory... perhaps it could be time to roll out another increase to the phone hardware required, that way Niantic could suggest that the fall in user numbers was due to hardware compatiblity dropping.

Aren't the new pokemon planned to release on the 12th? That's what I recall reading recently. Also, got the update with no problems~ Things like the bars for the super attacks being purple instead of blue, seeing the typings of pokemon in the gyms, and amount walked and candies a pokemon has with the buddy system.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread