By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media create sales week 48! Final Fantasy XV opens with just 690k, PS4 hardware sales increase a lot!

tak13 said:

Wow FF XV sold 71m FW, the 60% of Japan's population.... WOW

Haha, google translate didn't like that number, I'll fix :P

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
tak13 said:

Wow FF XV sold 71m FW, the 60% of Japan's population.... WOW

Haha, google translate didn't like that number, I'll fix :P

I feel you man, that's why I haven't posted famitsu  chart and have stolen software chart of gaf instead of attaching the chart from 4gamer..!

So it really does seem like 1m copies of FFXV were shipped at retail.

tak13 said:

Splatoon 1.501m as of December 6th + 169k digital as of September 30th equals 1.670m...

Who would have thought of that!
New ip on wii u about to become the best selling home console game of the 8th gen in Japan...
DQ11 is the last chance for PS4 to steal that march from the wii u... However, it should share the same fate with FF XV for the exactly same reason, plus 3DS version existence!
Also, FF XV lt sales will be below Mario kart 8 ( 1.3m ) , New super mario bros U  (1.3m) and Super Mario Maker (1.1m)...

Pretty encouraging to know. Hopefully Nintendo will be able to keep the interest in the franchise, instead of running it through the mud like Level 5 did with Yokai Watch.

Final Fantasy did well taking all factors into account, expect that 1 million physical by next year.

OMG Digimon did very bad :S

Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

Holidays coming in now.

I *think* the new colours released during this period and that's what caused the bump.  Not 100% certain on that but they're either in this tracking period or the next one.

OT: Since everyone's talking about Final Fantasy, I guess I'll talk about the other disaster of the week.  What the hell is going on with that Digimon game?  For reference:

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth 2015 Bandai-Namco 76,760 149,160

Digimon World: Next Order 2016 Bandai-Namco 64,218 74,490

It opened at like... 1/10th of Cyber Sleuth.  How has it done so badly?

Because Digimon World : Next Order looks crappy graphically and gameplay wise, compaired to Cyber Sleuth.

I think Cyber Sleuth is a amasing game.... and my intrest for Next Order = zero.

Next one needs to be more like Cyber Sleuth is all.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

Because Digimon World : Next Order looks crappy graphically and gameplay wise, compaired to Cyber Sleuth.

I think Cyber Sleuth is a amasing game.... and my intrest for Next Order = zero.

Next one needs to be more like Cyber Sleuth is all.

That's cool and all, but I'm talking about the Digimon game that opened this week on 3DS that sold like 7k, lol.

hunter_alien said:

Wasnt ~25% the averagre digital attachment lately? I mean IMO it could easily be 150k+ digitally, wouldent be a wee bit surprised about that.

It isn't for console games in Japan. A good example is Battlefield 1 which has one of the best digital ratios for AAA-games. Battlefield 4 had crazy digital discounts for a long time and managed to sell roughly 200k digitally. Doing this EA prepped the audience for Battlefield 1 release and naturally this contributed to a high digital ratio along with the fact that the game has heavy emphasis on multiplayer.

Week 2

BF1 retail 159,629

BF1 digital 43,552

digital ratio 21%

So if multiplayer FPS with prepped audience can only manage 21% then FFXV is nowhere near. For estimates I'd use flat 10% for most games on release.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

Massive PS4 boost

interesting to see 3DS Sales higher than last week with Pokemon..

probably the holidays

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Can't help but be disappointed with those FFXV numbers.

How the mighty have fallen.

So I just read an article that sheds some light on this subject...

Apparently the install base in japanin japan...is like around 3 million ps4 consoles....
so...1 out of every 4 people in japan with a ps4 bought FFXV the first week..
Uhm....that sounds amazing!