By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: From Software Currently porting Dark Souls 3 to Nintendo Switch, Possibly Dark Souls Triology to Follow

twintail said:
nuckles87 said:

This is big news. If this is true, this means the Switch is capable of running technically demanding AAA Xbox One/PS4 games, not just sidescrolling indie titles. 

Well, sure the Switch will be well powered but this doesnt indicate anything. The X1 version of DS3 cant even maintain 30fs (unless a patch has changed this) and who knows what it means that its running at a level of performance they are happy with.

Definitely this would be a good catch for the Switch but its just a port of several old games. But games are games I suppose.

I wouldn't mind if all current gen multiplats ran at 720p for the Switch while at 900p/1080p for the twins.

Around the Network

Now that is a juicy rumor. If it turns out true, I'll buy it day 1.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Life is looking good for the Switch, I would buy this to play them on the go.

LipeJJ said:
twintail said:

Well, sure the Switch will be well powered but this doesnt indicate anything. The X1 version of DS3 cant even maintain 30fs (unless a patch has changed this) and who knows what it means that its running at a level of performance they are happy with.

Definitely this would be a good catch for the Switch but its just a port of several old games. But games are games I suppose.

Not really... DSIII is a 2016, you know. And while it's not Battlefield 1, it's a demanding game indeed.

Edit: Btw, sorry for the double post.

Yeah, the whole "itz just old gamez!" line is just silly when you are talking abiut DS3.  Or really any game that has launched solely for the 8th gen.

twintail said:
nuckles87 said:

This is big news. If this is true, this means the Switch is capable of running technically demanding AAA Xbox One/PS4 games, not just sidescrolling indie titles. 

I read the Digital Foundry article before I wrote that. They called it beautiful. And the X1 version's frame rate holds up the majority of the time:

"Visually it's a clear-cut case in favour of PS4, and we'd have hoped Xbox One's graphical sacrifices might translate to a matching level of performance. As we've already seen in isolation, Xbox One is capped at 30fps with v-sync, but has dips to the mid-20s around volumetric fog effects of its opening scene, and also bosses making use of From Software's shader effects. The results aren't always smooth, but for the majority of play (at least from what we've tested to date) the game holds at 30fps."

And come on. What do you think they're gonna he happy with? 480p resolution and slideshow frame rates? This is From Software, not Digital Homicide. If they are happy with it, it'll be playable.

It's also not an old game. It game out 8 months ago.

Providing this is credible like Dale's other rumors, this says a lot about what the Switch is capable of. It means that, unlike Wii and Wii U, it is capable of running games made for its competitors, albeit I'm sure with sacrafices (like lower resolution and tuned down effects). Which is EXTREMELY important for third party releases, and is probably the best indication of the system's power that we've gotten via Dale's rumors so far.

Around the Network

Sounds like a good idea for a port, although it would make it so easy to break your entire console when in portable mode, at least at home, you might only lose the control.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Areym said:
Sounds like a good idea for a port, although it would make it so easy to break your entire console when in portable mode, at least at home, you might only lose the control.

Only if you hold the whole console in your hands. Remember that having detachable controllers means you can set the tablet down and only throw the controller while in portable mode.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

I think I'd get a trilogy with all DLCs. I've played Demon Souls and it was a fun game.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

I'm really skeptical abt this news but I just hope this is not gon be like bl2 on vita.

m_csquare said:
I'm really skeptical abt this news but I just hope this is not gon be like bl2 on vita.

To be fair From Software is listed like Switch partner and supporter.