By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Not even close.

Around the Network

I would say it's less relevant than it was 10 years ago, at least to me.

mtu9356 said:
I would say it's less relevant than it was 10 years ago, at least to me.

Less relevant but it's the most anticipated game of 2017, won e3 and there was a human stampede to play the game, i would say more relevant! look https://youtu.be/ahMRnlWf2P0

Ohh not relevant for you, ok my bad.

Barkley said:
RolStoppable said:
I think your thread does your profile picture justice.

My thoughts exactly.

I think that Breath of the Wild is going to get 3 million illegal sales.

ILLEGAL sales?

I find it funny how people will go and list skyward sword = bad as a premise for a larger zelda argument. you have to prove your premises true have your final argument work out.

Proud Owner of:

Atari: 2600 5200 Jaguar

Sega: Master System Genesis (W/CD) Saturn Dreamcast Game Gear

Nintendo: NES SNES N64 Gamecube WII WIIU GB GBA(W/e-Reader) DS(i) 3DS

Sony: PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4(W/VR) PSP

Microsoft: XBOX XBOX360

Other: Colecovision, TurboGrafx-16, OUYA, R-Zone Super Screen, Xavix, Intellivision

Windows 10 w/ 12GB RAM, first Gen i7 processor, and 480 GTX; MacBook Air

Around the Network

Link Between Worlds is one of the best games in the series, is widely revered for its excellence in game design, and it's fairly new. Skyward Sword may not have been the best in the series but one stumble doesn't make a series dead, especially with a hugely anticipated sequel right around the corner.

bigtakilla said:
pray4mojo said:

You think Zelda 2 is as good as the rest?

I know a lot oof people on here that think skyward Sword is better than TP. And tons of people hated WW for its art style, as well as the 3 day repeating cycle for MM turned a lot of people off at first. So OoT was really the last great LoZ

Well, I don't know. When we're getting into stuff like this, it's hard to say what is great and not because so many people have different opinions. I will say this... OOT may have been the last Zelda where the overall opinions at the time were pretty much universially great. MM, like you said, was sort of mixed due to the time constraints. WW was hated becasue of it being too easy, sailing and art style. SS was hated becasue of motion controls. 

So yeah, OOT was the last Zelda to get universial praise. Hopefully, the new game can get closer to that than the last few games but with the way gamers are and how people just like to bitch these days, I doubt it. Somebody, somewhere, is going to bitch about something.

Poojipoo said:
Link Between Worlds is one of the best games in the series, is widely revered for its excellence in game design, and it's fairly new. Skyward Sword may not have been the best in the series but one stumble doesn't make a series dead, especially with a hugely anticipated sequel right around the corner.

I think he was only talking about console titles.

I love Zelda Skyward Sword, I think it has fantastic level design, it got some of the best dungeons in the series and the areas outside the dungeons are very well designed, the Lanayru desert is a masterpiece by itself; the combat is really fun and I think they made great use of the Wii motion plus, the item usage is great, and it had many cool sidequests in Skyloft and minigames (I really liked the bug catching one). I love the art-style and of course the soundtrack is great. Yes, it has problems, maybe more than Twilight Princess or Wind Waker but I don't think they overshadow the greatness in the game.
A Link Between World is really great too and Breath of the Wild looks fantastic and in terms of world design it's very, very different from Skyward Sword, I think it could become my GOAT tbqh.
Basically, I highly disagree with the op.

there just hasn't been a Zelda game in a while, really.

there was a good 3DS Zelda game. However the last mainline console Zelda game was, what, 6 years ago? that's a pretty big gap. And I don't believe Skyward Sword is bad per say as much a the motion plus controls are annoying

so the last mainline game maybe is mixed, but the SECOND to last mainline game was hailed as great (Twilight Princess). 

Nintendo just has been too slow at releasing Zelda titles lately. shouldn't take like 6 years of development or whatever. 

but, yeah, there have been some solid handheld Zelda releasees in the last 5 or so years. Link Between Worlds obviously being primary