By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zelda: Breath of the Wild Sales Predictions

Wyrdness said:
curl-6 said:

That there are reasons for the decline doesn't change the fact that it is a decline. Portables are selling less than half as much per year as they did in the 6th gen, and even less compared to last gen.

You can argue about year on year to try and twist things but the truth of the matter is the total amount of portable units moved will be equal or higher then gen 6, this flat out blows your argument out of the water as the only decline would be in comparison to the DS and PSP era which itself was an anomaly. The total number consumers now is the usual normal amount and nothing you keep trying harp on about is disproving this, I'll keep telling you this the more you struggle to accept it.

You can try to twist things all you want, but the truth of the matter is that portables are selling at less than half the rate they did in the 6th gen and that blows your "it's just returning to normal" argument out of the water.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Wyrdness said:

You can argue about year on year to try and twist things but the truth of the matter is the total amount of portable units moved will be equal or higher then gen 6, this flat out blows your argument out of the water as the only decline would be in comparison to the DS and PSP era which itself was an anomaly. The total number consumers now is the usual normal amount and nothing you keep trying harp on about is disproving this, I'll keep telling you this the more you struggle to accept it.

You can try to twist things all you want, but the truth of the matter is that portables are selling at less than half the rate they did in the 6th gen and that blows your "it's just returning to normal" argument out of the water.

Again total portables sold this gen will be equal or higher than gen 6

End result proves my point and can't be argued.

Wyrdness said:
curl-6 said:

End result proves my point and can't be argued, try again.

This gen has already proved me right; a collosal decline in portable sales, 3DS to sell less than GBA, less than half of DS, and less than any Nintendo portable except the Virtual Boy, Vita to sell less than a quarter of PSP, yearly portable sales less than half of even the 6th gen, much less the 7th.

curl-6 said:
Wyrdness said:

End result proves my point and can't be argued, try again.

This gen has already proved me right; a collosal decline in portable sales, 3DS to sell less than GBA, less than half of DS, and less than any Nintendo portable except the Virtual Boy, Vita to sell less than a quarter of PSP, yearly portable sales less than half of even the 6th gen, much less the 7th.

Hahahahahaha again

total portables sold this gen will be equal or higher than gen 6

I've already address the arguments you've just repeated here.

Wyrdness said:
curl-6 said:

Hahahahahaha again

No, you haven't. You're clinging to one irrelevant statistic because you can't handle the fact that your beloved portables have no future.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Wyrdness said:

Hahahahahaha again

No, you haven't. You're clinging to one irrelevant statistic because you can't handle the fact that your beloved portables have no future.

ROFL total number of units sold is irrelevant hahahaha, ok mate what ever makes you sleep at night can't argue something claim the most key stat for a market is irrelevant oh man that's a good one, again:

Total portables sold this gen will be equal or higher than gen 6

Wyrdness said:
curl-6 said:

ROFL total number of units sold is irrelevant hahahaha, ok mate what ever makes you sleep at night again.

I need no reassurance; I don't have a stake in this, it's no skin off my teeth. As a portable gamer, you're the one who stands to lose here.

curl-6 said:
Wyrdness said:

ROFL total number of units sold is irrelevant hahahaha, ok mate what ever makes you sleep at night again.

I need no reassurance; I don't have a stake in this, it's no skin off my teeth. As a portable gamer, you're the one who stands to lose here.

Lose what exactly total portables sold this gen will be equal or higher than gen 6, so nothing has been lost, portable gaming has been exceptional in recent time.

If anything you're more the one trying to reassure yourself of a doom and gloom scenario as is evident by your hilariously bad comment about total number of sales, man that was a good one.

Wyrdness said:
curl-6 said:

Lose what exactly total portables sold this gen will be equal or higher than gen 6, so nothing has been lost, portable gaming has been exceptional in recent time.

If anything you're more the one trying to reassure yourself of a doom and gloom scenario as is evident by your hilariously bad comment about total number of sales, man that was a good one.

- 3DS to sell less than GBA, less than half of DS, and less than any Nintendo portable except the Virtual Boy

- Vita to sell less than a quarter of PSP

- Yearly portable sales less than half of even the 6th gen, much less the 7th.

But sure, deny the facts if it makes you feel more secure about your doomed format.

curl-6 said:
Wyrdness said:

- 3DS to sell less than GBA, less than half of DS, and less than any Nintendo portable except the Virtual Boy

- Vita to sell less than a quarter of PSP

- Yearly portable sales less than half of even the 6th gen, much less the 7th.

But sure, deny the facts if it makes you feel more secure about your doomed format.

Again total portables sold this gen will be equal or higher than gen 6, that's something you can't argue and you're flustered by that fact.

GBA had a monopoly with no competition, you earlier touted mobile as strong competition, 3DS competes against mobile and Vita something GBA never had to deal with. Even then 3DS is on course to sell 65-70m which with Vita's number of units sold would be higher than GBA had in the market when the was no mobile, so in factual numbers the portable market is on course to match or outsell the GBA era. This flat out shoots down the whole portable being weaker now than back then and is something you can't argue and you're upset at not being able to debunk.

Yearly rate of sales means nothing when the end result is higher for the gen that sold more units with stronger competition, this is something else you can't argue, right now it's not me denying facts it's you, you're clinging to the only thing you can and have hilariously said the main defining factor for any market is irrelevant, sorry but your entire argument has been struck out here and it's time you swallow and accept it, I'll keep telling you this untils you come to terms with it no matter how upset you get.