By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zelda: Breath of the Wild Sales Predictions

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8433433

Damn, I was kinda spot on. Though I understimated the Switch version's numbers. My LT numbers are looking very low now, too. Though the short analysis was pretty good. Good job, past me.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
Slarvax said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8433433

Damn, I was kinda spot on. Though I understimated the Switch version's numbers. My LT numbers are looking very low now, too. Though the short analysis was pretty good. Good job, past me.

Good job, pretty close! But yeah, your lifetime prediction will probably be met during the game's first year.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

mZuzek said:
mZuzek said:
First week (assuming it releases simultaneously on the Switch and the Wii U, and it's 3 months after Switch release):
400k Wii U, 700k Switch.

Lifetime: 1.5m Wii U, 6m Switch.

Well I was pretty close with the Wii U numbers at least (funny because I would have predicted lower FW sales for the Switch version if it was a launch title, just goes to show how much I underestimated it).

It's not your fault tho. The attach rate for the Switch version is something I've never seen before! :o

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

The guy with the Batman avatar has the best posts in this thread. Good material there.

Angelv577 said:
LipeJJ said:

Lifetime? 

Yes

Just wanted to point out that The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is around 9m right now (1 year old).

Around the Network
maxleresistant said:
many of you are way too high

Look at Twilight princess ans its 8millions unit sold, it was on gamecube, a console far more successful than the WiiU, and on Wii, a console far more successful than the Switch could ever be.

It will sell well though, but somewhere between 4 and 7 millions, my guess is 5.8

maxleresistant said:
Swordmasterman said:

Which is a very good number.

it is, but some people on this thread are giving crazy numbers like 13 or 12 millions. That will never happen... I can predict the Zelda franchise will never sell that much in one episode. At least not without some really really big changes.

What is your prediction now?

This is quite the golden one you've dug up!

17 - 20 million.

It will have even better legs than Odyssey.