By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Switch's processing power important to you?

Is it?

Very, I won't buy it if it's weak 171 25.26%

Moderately so 281 41.51%

Not really 127 18.76%

No, power doesn't matter to me 63 9.31%

No, cos I'm not buying one 35 5.17%

Total:677

Nope, Switch to me spells out more content from Nintendo and other Japanese 3rd parties and that's fine for me. If a few western developers jump on board and provide some decent content, that's a plus but ever since the NES if Square, Enix, Capcom, Konami and now Level 5 and Sega support the Switch, I'll be a happy camper. Just the idea of taking a game like Botw on the go and coming back, jumping right back into the action on the big screen is very exciting. It's seamless, and I can't wait to experience it.

Around the Network

Can it run BoTW at a Rock steady 30 fps? Other than that, not really.

"Moderately so".

I do care about power, but not so much to give up on buying a console due to the lack of it. And when I think that the Switch is (possibly) 4x more powerful than Wii U, even while being a hybrid, I get relaxed, because it's a pretty good amount of power if you ask me. If they did Mario Kart 8 on Wii U, imagine what they can achieve on Switch?

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

It's important in a sense I want stable framerates and clean images. Less details and lower-res textures are not a big deal.

If it can run Windjammers then that's good enough for me.

Around the Network
SuperNova said:
Can it run BoTW at a Rock steady 30 fps? Other than that, not really.

Considering WiiU is targeting 30fps, the Switch should be either going for 720p60fps or 1080p30fps.

It sort of is, but generally no

Needs to run smoothly and look nice. I was fine with how the Wii U games looked and played, but in order for the switch to do well, it will need to get that 3rd party support and if they can't, it will most likely sell poorly

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

SonytendoAmiibo said:
The Switch is more powerful than Nintendo's last home console, is portable and has games on cartridge. And it is a home console too. What's not to like?

3rd party games being trash on it.

Other than that, wondering how good a new Metroid or Xenoblade COULD have been.

Beyond that not a thing. If Nintendo fans are cool with getting a product that is $250, and paying for a screen and a battery they really didn't want or NEED included in the cost, then on top of that having to pay for a pro controller because the Switch puppy head looks uncomfortable and doesn't have a proper Dpad then dope. I just hope they have a decent library of NEW software first year.

Keep in mind, this isn't the first time I've hated Nintendo hardware and loved the gen in whole. The Wii takes the cake on that.

I would say "kind of". Why? Well, because if it has "da powers", that means more options for developing for it... that means, more developers could and would probably, develop for it (third party). I know wether is weak or not, the switch is happening, but lets face it, we want more than just Nintys first party; and for third partys to be interested in it, the power is important because it means, less effort to port or develop for it.

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Yes because games.