By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Switch's processing power important to you?

Is it?

Very, I won't buy it if it's weak 171 25.26%

Moderately so 281 41.51%

Not really 127 18.76%

No, power doesn't matter to me 63 9.31%

No, cos I'm not buying one 35 5.17%

Total:677
Safiir said:
Miyamotoo said:

If some of those games coming on Switch we will know in January because 12. January is full Switch reveal with all games announcements including 3rd party games.

Yeah, I'm not asking you that. Those games won't be revealed on January 12, there's no question about it. If they were in development there would've been rumors about it. There hasn't been even a whisper about that.

I'm asking you which of the big budget games do you think will be relased eventually based on the specs we currently have and your confidence in the ease of porting to switch?

You are again wrong, we dont know almost anything about any 3rd party game expect few like Just Dance, Skyrim and NBA 2k, look at list of Switch partners and supporters and you will see we dont know almost anything about Switch 3rd party games. Nintendo is holding all announcements including 3rd party one for that January event.

Like I wrote, hard to tell, we will know at January event.

Around the Network

Again with this certainty! Fine would you like to bet that none of the big budget games released since this fall will be shown on January 12th?

Safiir said:

Again with this certainty! Fine would you like to bet that none of the big budget games relased since this fall will be shown on January 12th?

I am not sure how many developers would want to release port game that will be around 6 months old buy time Switch arrives on market, but I can bet that at least some big budget 3rd party games will be shown at Switch event (CoD and Fifa for instance).

Fifa is not really big budget though. Same with NBA. But if a mainline CoD (or a similar title) is shown I'll admit you were right.

I think Safiir is just a MS fanboy, You'd better ignore him.

Around the Network

MS? You're kidding right?

Yes it is

JRPGfan said:
Nymeria said:
I'd expect it to be mid way between Wii U and PS4 if it is $250-$350 range.

( 176 Gflops + 1.84 Teraflops ) / 2 =  about 1 Teraflop.

Rumors are saying its gonna be around 600 Gflops or so, when docked.

So basically its gonna be less than what your expecting.

Still Nintendo are wizards at getting good looking games outta their hardware, so Im sure whatever it ends up being, it ll have great looking games.

If true, then I'd expect it to be $250 at launch.

yes. if is too powerfull, the batery life wouldnt last long...

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

In terms of power, Wii was similar to 2001 hardware, Wii U was about equal to what a 2007 console would have been, and if Switch is around three times as powerful as Wii U, that would put it around par with what a mid range 2011 system could have achieved. So all three are around 5 years behind the curve.

And no, "modern hardware" doesn't change that. If Switch is x3 Wii U, then it is mid range 2011 power.

You dont need to look years at all and they are really not important, it's way more important direct gap between consoles in same gen, just compare directly Wii hardware with PS3/Xbox360 and Switch with XB1/PS4, and you will see that gap between Switch and XB1/PS4 will be much smaller than Wii was compared to PS3/Xbox360 (gap is around 20x).

Wii launched at the same time as PS3 and one year after 360 though, while Switch is launching more than three years after PS4/Xbone but will still be much weaker. Those extra years in Switch's favour have to be taken into account.

Switch will also be launching several months after PS4 Pro, and the same year as Scorpio, which will widen the gap against it even further.

If you want to go by available hardware rather than year though, Switch will actually be weaker for its time than Wii U; Wii U was at least on par with the consoles available at the time, PS3 and 360, while Switch will be weaker than PS4, Xbone, and PS4 Pro.