By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has Sony's focus on games trumped their recent missteps??

Has Sony's focus on games trumped their recent missteps??

Yes, it's all about the games 185 88.52%

No, give me a 4k Blu ray ... 24 11.48%

Total:209

The only real misstep that Sony has done recently is the price increase for PS +, and no, they haven't made up for that.

Around the Network

As a gamer I am happy with Sony's line-up, but as a fan of gaming the missteps they have made in the expansion of the hardware to a more casual audience has me concerned. I think the Pro was a chance to make PlayStation highly respected outside of gaming, but they went cheap, and kind of made everyone uneasy.

I hope that with PlayStation being the biggest division in Sony, that they start to treat it like a major product. I eant yearly releases like we see with every other consumer electronic. There is no reason that Playshould not have portable and mobile counterparts that run on the same tech and OS as PS4. Just like Apple, Microsoft, and Google, I should never have to leavr the PlayStation ecosystem whether I want a desktop, a portable, or a mobile experience.

Hopefully next year we will see Sony continue to deliver games, while also bringing a wider range of products to bring depth to the PlayStation brand. If they can do both, then they are well on their way to being the undisputed leader in the gaming industry.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Misopportunity is not a misstep

Sony has had these games in development for years. They were just waiting for them to be ready. Their focus has always been on games but they take time to develop. While other companies make old games, they focus on new ips.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Sony has had these games in development for years. They were just waiting for them to be ready. Their focus has always been on games but they take time to develop. While other companies make old games, they focus on new ips.

You mean new IPs like The Last of Us 2, God of War 4, Knack 2 (why is that even a thing?) and a remake of the original Crash Bandicoot trilogy?

Alrighty then.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
Goodnightmoon said:
What missteps? Sony is perfect, everybody knows it.

Nuh, nowhere near as perfect as loving, kind-hearted, Nintendo.

They hardly trump legendary Microsoft and it's uber versatility though... 

Kyuu said:
Goodnightmoon said:
What missteps? Sony is perfect, everybody knows it.

Nuh, nowhere near as perfect as loving, kind-hearted, Nintendo.

You are crazy, Nintendo is for virgin kids with no money to pay the online.

Alkibiádēs said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

You mean new IPs like The Last of Us 2, God of War 4, Knack 2 (why is that even a thing?) and a remake of the original Crash Bandicoot trilogy?

Alrighty then.

Last of us launched only months before the new gen started. Knack is a new IP and it got a sequel because it turned a proit. God of War is not a new IP but they do let some games survive. Horizon is a new IP. The Last Guardian, which has taken so damn long to come out. Until Dawn was also a new ip. There are plenty more second and third party games. There will be more new IP's coming, I assure you. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Alrighty then.

Last of us launched only months before the new gen started. Knack is a new IP and it got a sequel because it turned a proit. God of War is not a new IP but they do let some games survive. Horizon is a new IP. The Last Guardian, which has taken so damn long to come out. Until Dawn was also a new ip. There are plenty more second and third party games.

Last Guardian is Ico 3, you said they focus on new IPs exclusively because Horizon xD

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Alrighty then.

Last of us launched only months before the new gen started. Knack is a new IP and it got a sequel because it turned a proit. God of War is not a new IP but they do let some games survive. Horizon is a new IP. The Last Guardian, which has taken so damn long to come out. Until Dawn was also a new ip. There are plenty more second and third party games. There will be more new IP's coming, I assure you. 

Yeah, still doesn't make The Last of Us 2 a new IP, does it? Knack made a profit? I doubt it, it wasn't received well at all and it got heavily bundled. Still doesn't make Knack 2 a new IP. Until Dawn isn't even made by Sony and it doesn't even do much new in its genre anyway.

I care for good games anyway, regardless of whether or not they're new IPs. I'd rather play another Pokémon game than The Order 1886 or Knack.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides