By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda BOTW @ The Game Awards 2016 Trailer (Switch | Wii U) *UPDATE! 2nd Trailer!

Volterra_90 said:
Well, I don't want to be the one bringing that topic again, but it seems that Nintendo is teasing a female Link on purpose. I think it might be just a female character in Link outfit though. XD.

My first impression was that the one with the blue outfit was Zelda. The Rito guy I believe is also wearing it. So maybe it is like the academy's green uniforme in SS.

Or maybe Link is part of a knight's organization to rebuild Hyrule, like in TP.

LipeJJ said:
Pavolink said:
Well. Tbh the gameplay segment was zero exciting outside of the difficulty. Everything else was almost seen before.

The trailer on the other hand. Mhh mm. Perfect. So hyped!

Don't forget about the location. I thought it looked very, very different from what we've seen: it looks like a tropical jungle, with different trees and plants, colors schemes, enemies (thunder!), and even life (the bird thing npc).

It got me pumped because now I'm 100% sure the game will feature very different areas from each other, and not just on the style of what we've got to see on the Plateau.

Now my only concern is that the game will be bigger than I expected...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
It's official people. Falco from StarFox has joined the Zelda team now !

That's obviously the female link that Emily Rogers was talking about! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Guys, looks like Zelda won most anticipated game award. Can anyone be a sweety and confirm it?

Pavolink said:
Volterra_90 said:
Well, I don't want to be the one bringing that topic again, but it seems that Nintendo is teasing a female Link on purpose. I think it might be just a female character in Link outfit though. XD.

My first impression was that the one with the blue outfit was Zelda. The Rito guy I believe is also wearing it. So maybe it is like the academy's green uniforme in SS.

LipeJJ said:

Don't forget about the location. I thought it looked very, very different from what we've seen: it looks like a tropical jungle, with different trees and plants, colors schemes, enemies (thunder!), and even life (the bird thing npc).

It got me pumped because now I'm 100% sure the game will feature very different areas from each other, and not just on the style of what we've got to see on the Plateau.

I have a theory about that outfit. We see Link awakening in the beginning of the game. I can only guess that some other heroes are awakening in the same way on other "awakening" shrines. They're awakened by Hyrule's godesses in a quest to save Hyrule, and they give that outfit later in the game in order to prove heroes' worth. Obviously Princess Zelda would be one of those heroes. It seems really possible with the little footage we have, and I love that theory XD. 

And, yeah, bigger is not always better, and I'm always concerned about world size. As long as it's crowded and with lots of things to do it's fine though.

That definitely looked like a female Link/character, unless Link got a boob job.

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:
Pavolink said:

I have a theory about that outfit. We see Link awakening in the beginning of the game with that blue outfit. I can only guess that some other heroes are awakening in the same way on other "awakening" shrines. They're awakened by Hyrule's godesses in a quest to save Hyrule. Obviously Princess Zelda would be one of those heroes. It seems really possible with the little footage we have, and I love that theory XD. 

And, yeah, bigger is not always better, and I'm always concerned about world size. As long as it's crowded and with lots of things to do it's fine though.

That's the impression I got after the trailer. That Link is not alone in this battle.

Pavolink said:
Guys, looks like Zelda won most anticipated game award. Can anyone be a sweety and confirm it?

Yes it did!

http://www.polygon.com/2016/12/1/13784410/the-game-awards-winners 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Pavolink said:
Volterra_90 said:

I have a theory about that outfit. We see Link awakening in the beginning of the game with that blue outfit. I can only guess that some other heroes are awakening in the same way on other "awakening" shrines. They're awakened by Hyrule's godesses in a quest to save Hyrule. Obviously Princess Zelda would be one of those heroes. It seems really possible with the little footage we have, and I love that theory XD. 

That's the impression I got after the trailer. That Link is not alone in this battle.

Me too. I also think it's possible that we could get some known side characters from other games, forming a "Zeldian" fellowship of the ring XD.

Soundwave said:
That definitely looked like a female Link/character, unless Link got a boob job.

Or Nintendo are trolling and it's just Zelda. ;)

Jranation said:
Pavolink said:

Yes it did!

http://www.polygon.com/2016/12/1/13784410/the-game-awards-winners 

Thanks!

Congrats to Zelda!