By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why the voting recount in the US is an utter waste of time and money...

What are your thoughts on the recount?

Utter waste of time and m... 34 61.82%

She may flip one or two s... 14 25.45%

They're going to find hi... 7 12.73%

Total:55

Well Trump kept on saying the Election was going to be rigged, almost as if he had forewarning from his friend Putin, so its worthwhile seeing if this was the case

Around the Network

Now Trump supporters move to block the recounts. This just keeps getting crazier.

The way I see it is the government doesn't own democracy, the people do, so if they want to see a recount, so be it. To be honest is any check ever done on these systems to ensure they are accurately tabulating votes? 

The process should be transparent and it should be open and available to the people, this is the people's democracy there should not be secrets about it. A recount should show Trump winning and winning by the same margin. If there are discrepancies then at the very least adjustments need to be implimented. 

It's like the bank telling you you can't count your money ... it's your money. It's not their money.

Also the irony here is Trump is the one who's said over and over it's rigged. Well ok, if it's "rigged", shouldn't we look into the process and see where the problems are? 

Well, considering the fact that we were hacked all throughout the election, the door for suspicion is wide open. Also, it doesn't help that the machines used were blacklisted in other states because they could be compromised. We don't like in the kind of world where you can just leave things unsecured and hope for the best.

Soundwave said:

The way I see it is the government doesn't own democracy, the people do, so if they want to see a recount, so be it. To be honest is any check ever done on these systems to ensure they are accurately tabulating votes? 

The process should be transparent and it should be open and available to the people, this is the people's democracy there should not be secrets about it. A recount should show Trump winning and winning by the same margin. If there are discrepancies then at the very least adjustments need to be implimented. 

It's like the bank telling you you can't count your money ... it's your money. It's not their money.

Yeah, but you dont have to pay millions of dollars to count your money...

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Soundwave said:

Well first all the government runs on tax payer money. If the majority of people want a recount I say do it, beyond that, like Stein has done, you can just crowd fund the money required to recount. So that isn't an excuse. 

Mind you I don't expect for there to be a discrepancy, but I can't say with 100% certainty there couldn't have been errors. If that's the case, then people deserve to know about it and in any case it would be helpful information to have for future elections so the process can at least be improved. 

Soundwave said:
KLXVER said:

Well first all the government runs on tax payer money. If the majority of people want a recount I say do it, beyond that, like Stein has done, you can just crowd fund the money required to recount. So that isn't an excuse. 

Mind you I don't expect for there to be a discrepancy, but I can't say with 100% certainty there couldn't have been errors. If that's the case, then people deserve to know about it and in any case it would be helpful information to have for future elections so the process can at least be improved. 

So you think the majority of the US donated to have a recount?

MTZehvor said:
Ljink96 said:

...I wasn't talking about the recount...

Then why insinuate insanity at the request of a recount?

I was referring to Trump. Hillary lost, let him take his spoils. If we all end up in WWIII blown to bits, we know who to blama, Trump. Even though now that I think about it since Putin likes Trump that idea is kind of a lost cause at this point. Unless Putin wants trump because he's a puppet.

The whole US election campaign system is an colossal waste of money which costs billions of dollars in total. What are a few million dollars compared to that to check the results?

The future president thinks millions of votes were cast illegally. That could affect dozens of races across states and would make a recount well worth it.