By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Have CoD declined or Digital Sales rose?

NPD Oct estimates 30% digital. Its still down by a lot cause BO3 also had big digital sales since it was only a year ago .

Around the Network
Neodegenerate said:
DonFerrari said:

You read it right. After carefull reading and analysis of a lot of users on VGC I got convinced that some games have over 80% digital attach ratio.

Among the hardcore die-hard video game user base that actually goes on forums I might agree with you.  Among the MILLIONS of casual fans who literally only buy their gaming systems for Madden, CoD, and one or two other annual titles?  Not a chance.  Especially where industry heads talk about an increasing digital rate that was around 20% last year.

You may have a point, but I won't agree with you because my friends buy digital and like that they can play the same game in different machines and platforms so it's a lot cheaper so it's obvious more and more people are playing digital, so much as 80% or so I am conviced, because of reasons.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
aLkaLiNE said:
Why couldn't it be both? There's no doubt in my mind that infinite warfare sold substantially less than BLOPS 3. That's evidenced by how long it takes to find a match on Ps4 which has never ever been an issue for COD in a post modern warfare world. As well as lower sales though, why couldn't the digital attach ratio be higher as well?

Well it's both. But the point is 80% digital attach ratio. So the drop isn't as severe as we think

What evidence do you have that 80% of IW sales are digital?

80% digital attach rate for major retail AAA game would be unprecedented... That would be something I think Sony or Activision would say something about if true.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

DonFerrari said:
Neodegenerate said:

Among the hardcore die-hard video game user base that actually goes on forums I might agree with you.  Among the MILLIONS of casual fans who literally only buy their gaming systems for Madden, CoD, and one or two other annual titles?  Not a chance.  Especially where industry heads talk about an increasing digital rate that was around 20% last year.

You may have a point, but I won't agree with you because my friends buy digital and like that they can play the same game in different machines and platforms so it's a lot cheaper so it's obvious more and more people are playing digital, so much as 80% or so I am conviced, because of reasons.

Ok so lets just say that for example, the VGC numbers for CoD are 100% accurate for the Nov 5th week.  This means that the game sold, based on your 80%, 6.5million copies in 2 days.  You don't think Activision would've said something about that number?

fleischr said:
DonFerrari said:

Well it's both. But the point is 80% digital attach ratio. So the drop isn't as severe as we think

What evidence do you have that 80% of IW sales are digital?

80% digital attach rate for major retail AAA game would be unprecedented... That would be something I think Sony or Activision would say something about if true.

Look at Gears of War...

Gears 2 FW was 1.8M

Gears 3 FW was 3M

Gears 4 FW is 600k

The only visible explanation since Gears 4 is a lot better than Gears 2 and 3 is that the game have 80% digital attach ratio. Similar for Halo, that and my friends buying digital is all the evidence I need.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network
Neodegenerate said:
DonFerrari said:

Ok so lets just say that for example, the VGC numbers for CoD are 100% accurate for the Nov 5th week.  This means that the game sold, based on your 80%, 6.5million copies in 2 days.  You don't think Activision would've said something about that number?

They are humbled for the great sales so they don't want to spoil it.

DonFerrari said:
Neodegenerate said:

This and your previous post are remarkably delusional.  I can't have this discussion with you.

Edit: Also my math was wrong.  The total sales if 80% of all sales were to be digital would be 18.25million.  Not 6.5.  So yea. 

Heh OP seems a little butthurt over a discussion on another thread 😆

edit. There's no need to act like a child over someone else's opinion you know. But for your question, obviously both.

Neodegenerate said:
DonFerrari said:

This and your previous post are remarkably delusional.  I can't have this discussion with you.

Edit: Also my math was wrong.  The total sales if 80% of all sales were to be digital would be 18.25million.  Not 6.5.  So yea. 

Why not man? Those are all reasonable claims brought on VGC everyday.

KiigelHeart said:

edit. There's no need to act like a child over someone else's opinion you know. But for your question, obviously both.

No butthurtness as mine ass is quite big. Just wanted to verify if there were a consensus.

DonFerrari said:
Neodegenerate said:

Why not man? Those are all reasonable claims brought on VGC everyday.

KiigelHeart said:

No butthurtness as mine ass is quite big. Just wanted to verify if there were a consensus.

Claims being made don't make them reasonable.  If you honestly believe the game has sold over 18 million copies in 2 days because digital sales are over 80% of the attach, then there is no reason to converse with you about sales because you clearly have no sense of reality.