By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXV ships 5 million worldwide

AZWification said:

It's shipped, guys.

including digital shipments?

but yh this is shipped. Combining physical shipmemts with digital sales just complicates things though.

As ohysical sell through of at least 50% worldwide would be great. 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Meanwhile Sun/Moons first week was 12m. Yet we keep being told that turn based RPGs are dead and action is the only thing that sells now. The facts say otherwise...

There's obviously a huge turn-based games fanbase. I wonder how long will take SE to notice that. I think a turn based FF would do fairly well... FFXV combat system is just a huge mess.

Ka-pi96 said:
lonerism said:

What on earth Pokemon has to do with the OP? Can't we just talk about a franchise that was on a decline for a while here?

After years of being told turn based combat is crap, outdated and nobody likes it anymore of course I`m going to bring it up when a turn based game sells much more and throw it back in those peoples faces...

I'm prettysure that being turb-based is not why it sold so well. I'm almost sure that an action-based Pokemon would seel more than a turb-based Final Fantasy.

tbone51 said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:

seems ffxv is doing better than expected...

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/12/01/final-fantasy-xv-tops-5-million-worldwide-sales-fastest-selling-title-series/

We need to see sell thru. It should be doing well in the west at least

Seems it was doing in japan good too, counting the digital downloads. It will be interesting to see fw numbers for ffxv

Ka-pi96 said:
lonerism said:

What on earth Pokemon has to do with the OP? Can't we just talk about a franchise that was on a decline for a while here?

After years of being told turn based combat is crap, outdated and nobody likes it anymore of course I`m going to bring it up when a turn based game sells much more and throw it back in those peoples faces...

Oh lord

Because Pokemon always bombs, right?

Around the Network

Awesome performance!!!

Volterra_90 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Meanwhile Sun/Moons first week was 12m. Yet we keep being told that turn based RPGs are dead and action is the only thing that sells now. The facts say otherwise...

There's obviously a huge turn-based games fanbase. I wonder how long will take SE to notice that. I think a turn based FF would do fairly well... FFXV combat system is just a huge mess.

I completely disagree. Have you playee the final code? Do you understand how the combat system works?

Anyways, to each their own, and if you had just said IMO I wouldn't have bothered to reply you. But staying it as a fact is flat out misleading. 

FFXIV combat has a flow and dance to it, something you would only truly grasp if you have played it. It has an annoying g camera sometimes in closed places, but that's a camera issue, not a combat system issue. 

Ka-pi96 said:

Wait what...?

*rushes to Playstation Store...

Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

I'm prettysure that being turb-based is not why it sold so well. I'm almost sure that an action-based Pokemon would seel more than a turb-based Final Fantasy.

Pokepark was an action based Pokemon game. That barely sold above 1m, and the sequel couldn`t even manage that. They were pretty fun still though.

Oh, and for the record I`m almost sure a turn based FF would sell more than an action one so...

I thought we were talking about mainline series here, not spinoffs?

Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

I thought we were talking about mainline series here, not spinoffs?

Well there hasn`t been an action mainline Pokemon game so spinoffs is the closest there is.

Yeah, and I'm saying that a mainline action Pokemon game would seel more than a mainline turn-based Final Fantasy. Pokemon has been more popular since its inception, so it shouldn't be surprising that it sells more.