By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [DF] Performance Analysis: Final Fantasy 15

DonFerrari said:
pbroy said:

XboneS has a good 4K upscaler. There was a day 1  patch to get rid of some of that fog. Also, it'll dynamically upscale on Scorpio. So, I don't see your argument. Bashing a game on graphics won't make the story any worse. That is the greatness I am speaking of. Go play Mobius Final Fantasy. Game has horrible fog, but it is very enjoyable.

TV also have upscalers.

But nobody uses them, usually. Or do you connect your devices with 1080p to your Sony TV and let the TV upscale the image?

Around the Network
pbroy said:
OnyxPhoenix said:

make sure to wear some galsses, the only true greatness i know is how greatly blurry is that dynamic 720p on the xbox

XboneS has a good 4K upscaler. There was a day 1  patch to get rid of some of that fog. Also, it'll dynamically upscale on Scorpio. So, I don't see your argument. Bashing a game on graphics won't make the story any worse. That is the greatness I am speaking of. Go play Mobius Final Fantasy. Game has horrible fog, but it is very enjoyable.

Very good upscaler. People are sleeping on it, tbh. Probably those without a 4K HDR TV that haven't seen the difference first hand.

Vids out there showing an OG PS4 thru an XBO S and the different it makes in Uncharted 4 in the colors and details is excellent, it pops. Shockingly close to what you get from the Pro version.

PC I i7 3770K @4.5Ghz I 16GB 2400Mhz I GTX 980Ti FTW

Consoles I PS4 Pro I Xbox One S 2TB I Wii U I Xbox 360 S

irstupid said:
DonFerrari said:

TV also have upscalers.

TV upscalers are never as good as actualy system upscalers.

On the TV I have it should be quite similar from what I heard besides input lag, so not a great selling point for me.

walsufnir said:
DonFerrari said:

TV also have upscalers.

But nobody uses them, usually. Or do you connect your devices with 1080p to your Sony TV and let the TV upscale the image?

I usually don't even look at it. Today all my external devices are up to 1080p (only netflix and yt on the tv itself plays in 4k), the TV recognize it as 1080p signal, never bothered looking if upscalling is enabled or not, I just know it's fullscreen, looking pretty enough, I may check it this weekend.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Mafioso said:
pbroy said:

Very good upscaler. People are sleeping on it, tbh. Probably those without a 4K HDR TV that haven't seen the difference first hand.

Vids out there showing an OG PS4 thru an XBO S and the different it makes in Uncharted 4 in the colors and details is excellent, it pops. Shockingly close to what you get from the Pro version.

X1 is capable of transforming PS ugly pixels in pretty pixels?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Mafioso said:
pbroy said:

I remember back when Sony had their conference that showed off the PS4 Pro and watching many gaming sites and what they had to say about it.

Funniest thing I found was that it seems that barely anyone had a 4k tv, let alone one that supported HDR. I just found that unbelievable. How could a business that has to deal with reveiwing something not have the best tv's. I fully expect pc reviewers have pc's that are allowing them to play the games on max settings. How can I trust any of these reviewers on thier review of a game for the Pro or the One S, when they don't even have a tv that utilizes them.

Around the Network
irstupid said:
Mafioso said:

I remember back when Sony had their conference that showed off the PS4 Pro and watching many gaming sites and what they had to say about it.

Funniest thing I found was that it seems that barely anyone had a 4k tv, let alone one that supported HDR. I just found that unbelievable. How could a business that has to deal with reveiwing something not have the best tv's. I fully expect pc reviewers have pc's that are allowing them to play the games on max settings. How can I trust any of these reviewers on thier review of a game for the Pro or the One S, when they don't even have a tv that utilizes them.

Thrust only your eyes, they are the ones that need to be impressed, not reviewers with agendas.

Zekkyou said:
Random_Matt said:
Not 60 on the pro, sorry that's pathetic.

The 60fps mode hasn't release yet. Even then though, in general it's not reasonable to expect 60fps from the Pro. The system wasn't designed for it. If that is a deal breaker for someone looking at the system then that's understandable, but likewise they have to know they were never in the system's target audience. There's a good chance this will be the case for the Scorpio too, unless they're willing to bump the system's price up to accommodate an entirely different CPU (as it stands, there is no Jaguar alternative, hence the Pro opted for heavy overclocking).

Zen is out next year, Scorpio could use that.

DonFerrari said:
irstupid said:

Thrust only your eyes, they are the ones that need to be impressed, not reviewers with agendas.

And how does that help someone who doesn't own the system or game and wants to know before they buy. Youtube videos are crap. Every game looks infinitely better in person than on youtube.

But if I'm contemplating buying a Xbox One S or not and decide to go to websites like IGN or something for their input. How does it help me to listen to them talk pros and cons if they don't even have a 4k/hdr tv for the reviewing purposes? Games apparantly upscale pretty good from what I've heard from some individual youtube reviewers, but these MAINSTREAM websites that are huge like IGN are reviewing this 4k upscaler system on a 1080p tv? How does that make sense.

Would you want them reviewing the ps4 pro on a 1080p tv? My 4k discs I purchased, came with a digital copy and a blu ray copy. I suppose I should watch the digital version on my ipad and put up a 4k review for the movie huh? That makes sense right.

DonFerrari said:
Mafioso said:

X1 is capable of transforming PS ugly pixels in pretty pixels?

See for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EasYMRHUsQw&t=221s

XBO S can hardware upscale to 4K anything you put into it.

Kodi thru it does sharpen my streams considerably.

It works better than the upscalers in both the Samsung KS8000, LG UH8500  that i have and certainly the HU6300 in the video above.

PC I i7 3770K @4.5Ghz I 16GB 2400Mhz I GTX 980Ti FTW

Consoles I PS4 Pro I Xbox One S 2TB I Wii U I Xbox 360 S

Yea I m not really happy with the pros performance since the reason I bought the pro is for a smooth framerate. Hopefully SE will fix it soon

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850