By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. December bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

jason1637 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Last time (you aren't going to bring this back up, either - in fact, no one is - this debate has long ended) - it was not stated as a fact (you aren't a mind reader and cannot know say how I meant it - so this is clarification). I was merely pointing out the positions on Amazon, what they have set based on who's in what position. They have the PS4 winning the month.

Now, everyone, please drop the debate before anything worse comes of it.

Why should we have to drop something thats perfectly on topic. I didnt know you get to decide what we can discuss on thus thread,

GribbleGrunger said:
The PS4 is the clear winning on Amazon. Let's see if it reflects the broader picture.

Idk if its that clear but i can see PS4 winning Amaon and NPD.

What are you talking about? The PS4 has won Dec according to Amazon. It's just a matter of finding out whether we've got a return to form.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Last time (you aren't going to bring this back up, either - in fact, no one is - this debate has long ended) - it was not stated as a fact (you aren't a mind reader and cannot know say how I meant it - so this is clarification). I was merely pointing out the positions on Amazon, what they have set based on who's in what position. They have the PS4 winning the month.

Now, everyone, please drop the debate before anything worse comes of it.

Why should we have to drop something thats perfectly on topic. I didnt know you get to decide what we can discuss on thus thread,

GribbleGrunger said:
The PS4 is the clear winning on Amazon. Let's see if it reflects the broader picture.

VGC, the new communist Russia.

GribbleGrunger said:
jason1637 said:

What are you talking about? The PS4 has won Dec according to Amazon. It's just a matter of finding out whether we've got a return to form.

The PS4 UC4 is the best selling sku but that doesnt mean it beat all XB1s since we dont know the gap.

Also CGI you cant just give me a warning because you cant say what can or cant be discussed as long as its on topic end of story.

jason1637 said:

The PS4 UC4 is the best selling sku but that doesnt mean it beat all XB1s since we dont know the gap.

Also CGI you cant just give me a warning because you cant say what can or cant be discussed as long as its on topic end of story.

You've been a part of the Amazon charts for ages now so why have you suddenly decided to change how you look at it? You know full well that any console that leads in the monthlies has in the past decided the winner of the month, and it's been like that from the very start. According to Amazon, the PS4 takes Dec. There's nothing more to it than that. If it's wrong then we'll have to accept something has changed and that Amazon can no longer be a reliable metric, but until then we can only use it as we've always used it.

Please don't add yourself to the pool of those brief visitors who ignorantly post against the grain just for attention.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
jason1637 said:

You've been a part of the Amazon charts for ages now so why have you suddenly decided to change how you look at it? You know full well that any console that leads in the monthlies has in the past decided the winner of the month, and it's been like that from the very start. According to Amazon, the PS4 takes Dec. There's nothing more to it than that. If it's wrong then we'll have to accept something has changed and that Amazon can no longer be a reliable metric, but until then we can only use it as we've always used it.

Please don't add yourself to the pool of those brief visitors who ignorantly post against the grain just for attention.

There is nothing wrong with questioning Amazon. We should be more cautious with saying that a console is clearly winning especially when Oct, September, this year and April last year had the PS4 ahead but xbox one. I'm just saying it's clear that the uncharted bundle is the best selling skin December but its not clear that PS4 is winning as a whole.

Around the Network

Guys...

Aura7541 said:
Guys...

Lol! Good ol' filthy frank! 

It seems the IW bundle Will be the only PS4 Slim model from now on.
Or would they bring back U4 até $299?
Or replace it with a Horizon one.

4 hours since last update:

HARDWARE

#10 PS4s UC4 Bundle (down 1)
#32 XB1s-500gb Battlefield Bundle (down 1)
#74 XB1s-500gb Minecraft Bundle (same)
#78 XB1s-1tb Gears Bundle (up 4)
#99 XB1s-1tb Battlefield Bundle (re-entry)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)

None at the moment

PS4:
1 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1:
4 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

If the PS4 wins Dec then I'll continue updating but if it loses then I think we can safely say Amazon is of no further use.

The PS5 Exists. 

Kerotan said:
jason1637 said:

Well why did the xbox outselk the PS4 Sept and Oct when the slim rose so high? The UC4 sku is selling well dont get me wrong but saying that its a fact without knowing gaps for the monthly is wrong.

I can see software dropping a bit since digital is higher these days but PS4 is doing great in Japan.

Good point.  So including digital it would actually be above ps3 by a healthy margin.  I'd agree it will probably fall behind eventually like you say but at least it will have digital to either close the gap or partially close it.  

Good news for Asia though because outside Japan Asia is showing big Playstation software and hardware growth. 

You said the PS4 and PS3 software wise are now neck to neck so with digital the PS4 should be way ahead by now.