By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. December bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

#1 PS4 slim

Around the Network

Ps4,ff15,tlg are rocking.

Sony should permanently lower the slim too 250 to get massive sales/more software sales and support = more money

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Namiirei said:
Npd is soon no ?

isnt it first tomorrow? anyways we wont get nrs from aqua until end of the month.

#1 PS4s

Do you guys think PSX had any effect on sales? or is it just the 270$ price point?

Shadow1980 said:
CosmicSex said:

Maybe they were all returned?  Yeah, I saw that too and I don't understand what happened.  Its not like it has been discontinued. 

Well, it did drop from #2 to #65 over the course of last week, while the PS4 Slim remained at #1. Maybe between that and software sales climbing the ranks it was enough to drop the 500GB BF1 by 36 spots in the yearlies.

But it dropped out the day after it reached 65th. So it's more than likely a bug it showed at 65th or a bug it's now not showing. I'm more inclined to believe the latter. 

Around the Network

FFXV is beasting.

6 hours since last update

HARDWARE
#01 PS4s UC4 Bundle (up 2)
#39 XB1s-500gb Battlefield Bundle (down 3)
#60 XB1s-500gb Minecraft Bundle (down 9)
#65 N3DS Mario Black (down 5)
#84 NES Classic (down 9)
#87 XB1s-1tb Gears Bundle (same)
#90 XB1s-1tb Battflield Bundle (down 7)
#95 N3DSXL Lime (down 13)
#100 XB1s-1tb Madden Bundle (down 2)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)

#06 PS4 The Last Guardian (up 1)
#36 XB1 Dead Rising 4 (up 6)
#98 PS4 The Last Guardian SE (down 30)

PS4:
1 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 1 in the top 5
XB1:
5 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

The PS5 Exists. 

JRPGfan said:
#1 PS4s

Do you guys think PSX had any effect on sales? or is it just the 270$ price point?

$270 price point. Conferences don't really ever seem to have much of impact on sales. Also I'd expect that the vast majority of people who watched PSX already own a PS4. 

JRPGfan said:
#1 PS4s

Not only the $269 price point your getting a free $60 1 Year PS plus membership making it as cheap as it was on Black Friday effectively.

Bandorr said:
Did Amazon get that bug again? The Xbox one consoles aren't doing well.

They weren't doing well in September and October but they won. Then they did well during black Friday/cyber Monday.

Now they aren't doing well again. Bug, or normal?

It's likely more to do with the stock the Minecraft bundle and the 1TB Battlefield 1 bundle that was doing well have both been out of stock for over a week now and due back in 12th/13th respectively.  Also with the offers the PS4 slim has had anyone coming on Amazon to buy a games console for a Christmas gift would go straight for the PS4 as it's been $30 cheaper now for 5 days and since yesturday it's $30 cheaper + a $60 1 Year PS+ card included which is a big difference in value to the average customer.

Shadow1980 said:
Oh, and here's the weekly update to the yearly rankings:

PS4 Slim Uncharted 4 bundle: #17 (↓3)
PS4 CoD bundle: #23 (↓3)
PS4 Pro: #44 (↓3)
New 3DS XL (black): #86 (↓3)
New 3DS XL (Lime Green): #98 (new entry)
XBO Gears bundle: #100 (—)

The 500GB BF1 bundle dropped out of the yearly charts altogether after placing at #65 in the last update. Either there's a glitch or it dropped a lot.

This has to be 100% a bug there is no way some of the stuff have sold any more this year such as the Gears Ultimate X1, If I remember correctly it went to #65 in the yearlies just as it went up to #2 on Amazon so with the days delay it would of probably jump up a bit higher than #65 not disapear.