By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Final Fantasy XV a step in the right direction??

Is Final Fantasy XV a step in the right direction??

YES 220 64.71%

NO 120 35.29%

Total:340

Ok, so after beating the game; I'd say yest FFXV is a step in the right direction in terms of game play and content. The story on the other hands needs to be better in FFXVI.

Around the Network

No its not. With the exception of 12 and to a lesser extent 10, Final Fantasy breathed its last with 9 -- the last true Final Fantasy entry in the series. As someone who was there from the beginning, nothing after 9 has kept my interest. Its as if the series creators consciously want to disenchant old timers. I feel zero affinity to Final fantasy today, but 4, 6 and 7 will remain amongst the top JRPGs of all time.

Helloplite said:
No its not. With the exception of 12 and to a lesser extent 10, Final Fantasy breathed its last with 9 -- the last true Final Fantasy entry in the series. As someone who was there from the beginning, nothing after 9 has kept my interest. Its as if the series creators consciously want to disenchant old timers. I feel zero affinity to Final fantasy today, but 4, 6 and 7 will remain amongst the top JRPGs of all time.

what kind of game do you want to see ? what could top ff7 for you?

squibbfire said:
Helloplite said:

what kind of game do you want to see ? what could top ff7 for you?

That's the thing about FF. I can't stand FFVII at all. People seem to love it. It was my least favorite game in the series until FFXIII. Different strokes for different folks.

Helloplite said:

FFXII was awful. Couldn't get very far into it before I just couldn't play it anymore. 

You would have kept some of your credibility with me would you have given FFX the respect it deserves. 

FFIX was just a nostalgic jerk for the "good old days" of Sakaguchi. I actually played up to the second disc (solid gameplay eased this feat) before I finally said fuck the characters, fuck the plot, fuck the story, and fuck those stupid black mage cunts. 

Leaving FFIII and FFV out of that last list destroys what remains of your credibility. Don't hate on my Job systems, yo.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

It could definitely be better, but I like the experimenting. It is a struggle between realistic and the fantasy the game should have. I haven't played much of it but I like it so far. Not my favorite FF game, but good. I wish we could have more party members and that the game would be more colorful though.

The game is fine imo each game does its own thing, love XV or not it's good for SE to incorporate what XV has done in their arsenal as future games can benefit heavily from it.

jekyl_hyde said:

It could definitely be better, but I like the experimenting. It is a struggle between realistic and the fantasy the game should have. I haven't played much of it but I like it so far. Not my favorite FF game, but good. I wish we could have more party members and that the game would be more colorful though.

Good point dude real good point...sooner or later fantasy and reality will have a struggle to merge.

This game needed another 15-20 hours of story. I did like the game a lot but the story is unfinished. They could have set up so much and done so much more. I guess thats what happens when games get this massive. There is just so much to be worked on.

Final Fantasy XV is AMAZING. Ive always admired the FF series but never truly got into it. Now I plan on playing some of the older ones after beating this GREAT game. Feels less like a Jrpg, which might turn some people off but I feel it will definitely go down as one of the best FF in the series

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto