By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Black Friday: 4k Blu-Ray Does Not Matter!

Does 4k Blu-Ray Matter?

Yes 72 24.66%

No 220 75.34%

Total:292
GarlandSteve74 said:
Bandorr said:

Combined with having already made a thread about how he DOESN'T like his his ps4 pro and wanting to trade it in for a slim.

Yeah you can see my confusion.  Specially the "why would I want my phone to have the internet".

I'm just going to add him to my "never talk to him again" list and move on.

I never said I didn't like the Pro.

I said I was disapointed with it's performance at 2X the cost of the Slim.

I was able to return the one I had and got a new one for $322 at Target yesterday which is a much better price and more in line with what I think it should cost.

I appreciate you puting me on your list, I hate having to explain myself multiple times to people that are just looking to start an argument.

Take care!

I can understand you saying you were disapointed with what 2x (2.3 actualy) more GPU got you, but there isn't many ways you can say PS4Pro costs 2x the PS4, unless you bought PS4 used on discount for 200 (or 170 considering BF deals)

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I'm pretty sure half of the consumers don't even know 4K blu ray. So no, it doesn't matter and a lot of people have been saying that for quite some time. Weird that it just magically appear to others now ^^.

Same thing with the Pro compared to the Slim: the Pro was expected to sell a lot less than the Slim because a lot of people don't care about 4K (or don't have the TV for it), and yet some people are still surprised that the Slim sells a lot more than the Pro...

pbroy said:
LurkerJ said:

Mine has a question mark, making it a lot less inflammatory than your disgustingly titled chat room that invovles a group of MS fans with internalized Xboxphobia

Your thread title lacks commitment. It's like you're questioning your own thoughts. You need to be strong and just go for it. Tell it like it is. Haters gonna hate. 🙄

🔥🙅🏻‍♂️⚡️

Better now

Given the PS4 had deals that where better than the XB1, its a given it did far better. I'll wait for US results before declaring the death of the XB1...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

barneystinson69 said:

Given the PS4 had deals that where better than the XB1, its a given it did far better. I'll wait for US results before declaring the death of the XB1...

Sure but how do you explain the massive YoY decline?

Around the Network
GarlandSteve74 said:

It's a gaming device not a home theater component. 

Wrong, It's a entertainment system. Read the box.  Been awhile since we had game console. Those days are long gone and have been for many years. 

cmay227 said:
GarlandSteve74 said:

It's a gaming device not a home theater component. 

Wrong, It's a entertainment system. Read the box.  Been awhile since we had game console. Those days are long gone and have been for many years. 

He's being sarcastic.

Why shouldnt it be?

Xbox One S = UHD Blu Ray, HDR, 4K upscale

PS4 = HDR, stronger

PS4 Pro = HDR, Strongest console avaiable, 4K upscale

The normal PS4 is still stronger making it for many the better deal, its also slimmer than the Xbox One S. And PS4 Pro is the better deal anyways of the two

I think Sony learned the lesson from the PS3 and BD push. Sony was blamed for pushing new standard, and the PS3 price was partly too high due to BD. Anyways, I dont see physical media lasting long. In fact the first ever disk that I inserted to PS4 was the PSVR demo disc. It did not take long to remove it and download from PSstore.

Streaming is the future for video content.... They are more focused on getting people on PS Vue and PS now vs getting people to buy a dying format, as bad as that sounds :/

mM