By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Black Friday: 4k Blu-Ray Does Not Matter!

Does 4k Blu-Ray Matter?

Yes 72 24.66%

No 220 75.34%

Total:292
walsufnir said:
pbroy said:

Get the Xbox app on your phone. Join the Club.

Ah, xbox app. I thought something official I can use from my desktop

Windows has it too

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
LurkerJ said:
pbroy said:
Also, OP stole this thread title from the VGChartz Club on Xbone's group chat. For shame!! 😤

Mine has a question mark, making it a lot less inflammatory than your disgustingly titled chat room that invovles a group of MS fans with internalized Xboxphobia

Your thread title lacks commitment. It's like you're questioning your own thoughts. You need to be strong and just go for it. Tell it like it is. Haters gonna hate. 🙄

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
aLkaLiNE said:
black8jac said:

Is there Playstation equivalent for this app?

Yes.

playstation app and PlayStation messenger, one explicitly for messaging and sending images to your PSN friends, while he PlayStation app lets you do "second screen" things, use your phone as a ps4 remote and use your phone to browse around the store among other features. The messenger app is a must if you play online with friends and don't wanna use the mic 

Lol Thanks. I'm PSN member since 23/3/2007 when I bought my First PS3. But thanks again.

Its my fault I was not specific enough. I meant equivalent of VGchartz chat inside Playstation app. Xbox app seems to have it. Thats all.

Nymeria said:
thelalaby said:
This should be some rude awakening for all those individuals (even Microsoft themselves) who said 4k Blu-Ray is a killer feature that gives Xbox One S an advantage over PS4/Pro. People simply don't care about dying physical media; streaming is the future and that is that.

In regards to streaming 4K do you need a specific device or is it just a matter of bandwidth?

You just need good Internet... like 20-25 Mb/s 4k Streaming (netflix)

(for Vudu its 11 Mb/s, it varies depending on compression technologies and what their actually sending you).

Any old PC (well not ancient) should be able to handle it.

Smart TVs usually also can.

It would've sold double with a 4k drive.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
aLkaLiNE said:
black8jac said:

Is there Playstation equivalent for this app?

Yes.

playstation app and PlayStation messenger, one explicitly for messaging and sending images to your PSN friends, while he PlayStation app lets you do "second screen" things, use your phone as a ps4 remote and use your phone to browse around the store among other features. The messenger app is a must if you play online with friends and don't wanna use the mic 

Lol Thanks. I'm PSN member since 23/3/2007 when I bought my First PS3. But thanks again.

Its my fault I was not specific enough. I meant equivalent of VGchartz chat inside Playstation app. Xbox app seems to have it. Thats all.

walsufnir said:
Nymeria said:

Okay, so my new 4K TV won't have any content available on it unless I buy one of these newer console updates.  Good to know walsufnir.

Oh, that is not for sure. Some new TVs (or perhas most?) feature HEVC decoding and you will probably be better off with that solution. And it also depends if you have a smart TV and what the streaming providers use for streaming. Which TV do you have?

Samsung 65" Model KS8000

Sony proved right again. And so was I.

4k blu ray is super niche, and while in a few years will be slightly less niche it will never take off.

4k blu ray players are expensive and would mean Sony would have to leave an extra $20/30 on the cost of the Pro or take a loss. Same with the slim. And that extra cost will dramatically effect sales on black friday where they were able to undercut the xbox. Great financial decision for Sony and great financial decision for the consumer. The sales speak for themselves.

If in 3/4 years the UHD player costs practically the same as regular blu ray then I can see Sony putting one in the ps5.

vivster said:
It would've sold double with a 4k drive.

Triples.  PSTriple. 

Kerotan said:
If in 3/4 years the UHD player costs practically the same as regular blu ray then I can see Sony putting one in the ps5.

Well the PS5 certainly won't have just a normal Bluray drive regardless, they won't have enough storage for games by then!