By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft :Strong Demand for Xbox on Black Friday.

walsufnir said:
bunchanumbers said:

It would be a humiliating loss if Sony loses this month. And who knows? Maybe they are losing. There are some insane price drops that happened with PS4 and even Pro. You almost never hear of price cuts so soon after launch.

Especially for the Pro this is really, really surprising. You could get one for $339 AFAIR instead of $399 and this is the launch month. I wonder why the discounts where necessary.

Well walsufnir my optimistic friend, Sony never discounted the ps4 Pro. Target discounted its ENTIRE STORE for 15% off. Guess what 15% of $400 is? That's right buddy, it's $340. And then what did Amazon do in return? They price matched specifically on the Pro, just like they've been price matching all of their video games against online competitors. That 15% target discount has literally nothing to do with Sony and it would be embarrassing if someone tried to insinuate poor sales based on a sale that included everything The store sold. Luckily the only two doing that here is you and the dude with the toad avatar

Around the Network
aLkaLiNE said:
walsufnir said:

Especially for the Pro this is really, really surprising. You could get one for $339 AFAIR instead of $399 and this is the launch month. I wonder why the discounts where necessary.

Well walsufnir my optimistic friend, Sony never discounted the ps4 Pro. Target discounted its ENTIRE STORE for 15% off. Guess what 15% of $400 is? That's right buddy, it's $340. And then what did Amazon do in return? They price matched specifically on the Pro, just like they've been price matching all of their video games against online competitors. That 15% target discount has literally nothing to do with Sony and it would be embarrassing if someone tried to insinuate poor sales based on a sale that included everything The store sold. Luckily the only two doing that here is you and the dude with the toad avatar

We are friends? No. But considering your choice of words, you seem to be bothered and it's getting quite personal in your post so I decide to not go this route. This seems to be more of something how you like to discuss with others, though.

Either way, I am free to admit I didn't know that before and I am totally fine by not knowing everything regarding console sales. Still, I wonder if that happened before to a console that launched the same month but this is taken as an attack to a company or console and it seems that people emotionally attached to product/console get bothered by this.

walsufnir said:
DonFerrari said:

You can't imagine why there would be a discount on BF? And also ignore that it was a storewide promotion to ALL items just to push a narrative? Are you really go that route or we can infer that you vanishing from the thread is not to admit defeat?

Defeat in one what? I am wondering why a new console is getting a discount. People told me it was a store-wide discount. That is one argument.

I arose the question if that ever happened before - no one answered. What is there to "defeat"? Is everything a fight/war in your eyes? Why?

In your attempt to imply PS4Pro is selling poorly and that's why it's being discounted.

You were answered the console wasn't discounted the store was, that is the only argument, you are trying to dig a thing that doesn't exist just to keep a narrative. What you expected? A big sign with "Entire Store 15% OFF - But the PS4Pro because it launched last week".

Nope, not everything is a war in my eyes, but you are trying to push a war and them pretending you aren't.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

walsufnir said:
aLkaLiNE said:

We are friends? No. But considering your choice of words, you seem to be bothered and it's getting quite personal in your post so I decide to not go this route. This seems to be more of something how you like to discuss with others, though.

Either way, I am free to admit I didn't know that before and I am totally fine by not knowing everything regarding console sales. Still, I wonder if that happened before to a console that launched the same month but this is taken as an attack to a company or console and it seems that people emotionally attached to product/console get bothered by this.

You seemed to be bothered by the fact that the PS4 line of consoles are outselling the Xbox One S even with a 4K Blu-ray player after "everyone" has explained to you logically, reasonably, and factually why.  You've had your answer in, not one, but two threads yet you still refuse to accept it.

LivingMetal said:
walsufnir said:

You seemed to be bothered by the fact that the PS4 line of consoles are outselling the Xbox One S even with a 4K Blu-ray player after "everyone" has explained to you logically, reasonably, and factually why.  You've had your answer in, not one, but two threads yet you still refuse to accept it.

I don't refuse it, I am saying it's a legit argument.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Azuren said:

Stomped in terms of being beaten by the competition, since that's all anyone on this site really cares about.

So you use stomp even it's 100 units more? I would've thought stomp would mean a meaningful number that really outshines the competition.

Where are you getting 100 units from? Or are you just taking what I said and twisting it?

Because "stomping" the competition is a term that would imply a heavy lead, not a lead that's so negligible that it could have very easily been a miscount. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
walsufnir said:

So you use stomp even it's 100 units more? I would've thought stomp would mean a meaningful number that really outshines the competition.

Where are you getting 100 units from? Or are you just taking what I said and twisting it?

Because "stomping" the competition is a term that would imply a heavy lead, not a lead that's so negligible that it could have very easily been a miscount. 

I was just asking what makes you say "stomp" so to say from which number on you would use that word.

walsufnir said:
LivingMetal said:

Didn't refuse, yet ignored and asked again why the console was discounted a week after release.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

walsufnir said:
aLkaLiNE said:

It can't have happened before because there's never been a mid gen hardware upgrade like this. The entire situation is uncharted territory which is why the site is lit with sales threads for the pro and Black Friday.  Now, has a console ever been price cut quickly after launch? Yes. I think the PS3, Xbox, xb1, GameCube and dreamcast were all cut within the first year (almost within the first 6 months). Other than that, without any even remotely official soft or hard price cut, it's too early to really know what the sales curve for the pro is going to look like. Anecdotally things are looking good but that don't mean shit.

walsufnir said:
LivingMetal said:

"Note that all of Target's deals stem from a storewide 15 percent off promotion available today and tomorrow, November 27. This is valid in-store or online, though you'll need to add items to your cart on the website to see the discounted price. The deal extends to other games, consoles, and bundles as well, not just those listed above."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/213-xbox-one-or-ps4-340-ps4-pro-and-more-console-d/1100-6445744/