By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - One hour is more than enough to judge a game

Unless it's the best game ever, the original Deus Ex, it takes a bit to get going.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

Depends really. I think 1 hour is good to get for a action/fighting game, but for an RPG I would say a minimum of 3 - 5 hours would be good. If you're reviewing a game though I think it's only fair to put a minimum or 10 hours into the game.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

Sometimes it is, sometimes isn't and in some cases you don't actually even need to play the game at all to make accurate conclusion.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

Honestly if Im not enjoying myself 1hour into playing something..... usually I wont even 10 hours lateron.

Its enough if its a shooter or a battle arena game. An RPG, adventure or action game requiere a lot more.

Around the Network

Usually that's enough. There's some games that take a long time to really get the hang of.

Try learning some of those Paradox Interactive grand strategy games in under an hour lol

If its an RPG, in one hour I'm barely out of the tutorials.

It should. Hook me up at the beginning, not after I've suffered with a boring 10 hours.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Persona 4 must really suck if we jugde it by the first hour or three.

Eh. In some cases, the first hour doesn't really represent well how the rest of the game is. For instance, the first hour level of Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus isn't all that much like the rest of the game imo.