By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Word of Final Fantasy still ugly on PS4 Pro?

it looks blury only on a 1080p TV you need a 4K TV where it looks better than the standard PS4

Around the Network

Lol whut?
World of final fantasy is an great game.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Bristow9091 said:

I can't seem to find an answer to this question anywhere on the internet, but basically;

I've heard/seen (There's screenshots) that after the 1.01 patch for World of Final Fantasy, the game looks really blurry and just not nice at all, here's a link to some screenshot comparisons;

http://gearnuke.com/world-final-fantasy-ps4-pro-suffers-poor-image-quality-patch-1-01/

I'm just wondering if there's been a new patch released or anything that addresses this problem? The reason being that I bought the game today on sale, along with a PS4 Pro (FINALLY!... also got some other games too), and don't fancy playing the inferior version... if it still looks like it, I guess I'll keep my original PS4 around until after I've beaten it.

Thanks!

Just checked, still no new patch for it. The thing is that the first patch caused this issue. So if you install it on the Pro without updating it to 1.0.1 it will work and look just fine. You won't have access to the online features but nobody gives a shit about those anyway.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Bristow9091 said:

I can't seem to find an answer to this question anywhere on the internet, but basically;

I've heard/seen (There's screenshots) that after the 1.01 patch for World of Final Fantasy, the game looks really blurry and just not nice at all, here's a link to some screenshot comparisons;

http://gearnuke.com/world-final-fantasy-ps4-pro-suffers-poor-image-quality-patch-1-01/

I'm just wondering if there's been a new patch released or anything that addresses this problem? The reason being that I bought the game today on sale, along with a PS4 Pro (FINALLY!... also got some other games too), and don't fancy playing the inferior version... if it still looks like it, I guess I'll keep my original PS4 around until after I've beaten it.

Thanks!

Just checked, still no new patch for it. The thing is that the first patch caused this issue. So if you install it on the Pro without updating it to 1.0.1 it will work and look just fine. You won't have access to the online features but nobody gives a shit about those anyway.

Or if you have a 4k TV.  Apparently it's only problematic on 1080p sets. 

Kerotan said:
vivster said:

That's a pretty expensive workaround. I hope the devs will reimburse him for that. I like my method more.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Kerotan said:

That's a pretty expensive workaround. I hope the devs will reimburse him for that. I like my method more.

I didn't say go and buy a 4k TV.  I'm saying if you happen to have one you're good. 

Yes. Looks like the underside of my balls. I was hyped to play the demo. The title screen with that catbunnycorn thingy looked fantastic. Then, I played the demo. I couldn't wait for it to end. Looked and played like poo in my opinion.

The only reason I finished is because my daughter said "You started this, now you have to finish it."

Oh, I remember his name. Carbuncle.

Ruler said:
it looks blury only on a 1080p TV you need a 4K TV where it looks better than the standard PS4

No, I have a 4K TV and it's awful. I deleted the game to reinstall without the patch.

Bristow9091 said:
So what you guys are saying is I should just not download the 1.01 patch and I'll be fine?

Yes.

d21lewis said:

Yes. Looks like the underside of my balls. I was hyped to play the demo. The title screen with that catbunnycorn thingy looked fantastic. Then, I played the demo. I couldn't wait for it to end. Looked and played like poo in my opinion.

The only reason I finished is because my daughter said "You started this, now you have to finish it."

Oh, I remember his name. Carbuncle.

That wasn't Carbuncle....