By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 dominating Black Friday at my Best Buy

It's not even Friday yet, though.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
It's not even Friday yet, though.

Ove the last few years there has been an upswing in retailers starting Black Friday on Thanksgiving night around 8pm. 

I was at a Best Buy earlier today and an oblivious customer asked the Sony rep standing by the demo ps4 to get an Xbox One S down from an overhead storage area. The rep sighed and said he can pick one up at the cashier in a manner that he's said that a hundred times already.

Sorry OP - I'm not buying your tale.

Seventizz said:
I was at a Best Buy earlier today and an oblivious customer asked the Sony rep standing by the demo ps4 to get an Xbox One S down from an overhead storage area. The rep sighed and said he can pick one up at the cashier in a manner that he's said that a hundred times already.

Or maybe it was, " Your asking me to help you with a competitor product? Are you that stupid?" 

Seriously dude, that didnt cross your mind once? I worked at many retail stores where the Coke guys wont touch/move anything Pepsi. Common behavior amongst competiting employees

Seventizz said:

I don't understand the significance of your experience and how it disproves the experience of what OP, who works at the store, described. 

Around the Network
Xxain said:
Seventizz said:

Or maybe it was, " Your asking me to help you with a competitor product? Are you that stupid?" 

Seriously dude, that didnt cross your mind once? I worked at many retail stores where the Coke guys wont touch/move anything Pepsi. 

The Best Buy employees wear blue shirts and the Sony reps wear a similar blue shirt.  I'm sure the customer made an honest mistake and the Sony rep understood the error.  I'm sure both parties weren't perturbed.

You really think minimum wage workers who don't work on commission care what the customer ultimately buys either way?

Seventizz said:
Xxain said:

Seriously dude, that didnt cross your mind once? I worked at many retail stores where the Coke guys wont touch/move anything Pepsi. 

The Best Buy employees wear blue shirts and the Sony reps wear a similar blue shirt.  I'm sure the customer made an honest mistake and the Sony rep understood the error.  I'm sure both parties weren't perturbed.

You really think minimum wage workers who don't work on commission care what the customer ultimately buys either way?

I've actually been accused of being an Xbox fanboy on here. Btw I should mention that hardly anyone bought any PS4 PRO consoles.. it was mostly regular PS4s and some Xbox bundles.

I trust no one, not even myself.

FattyDingDong said:
Seventizz said:

I've actually been accused of being an Xbox fanboy on here. Btw I should mention that hardly anyone bought any PS4 PRO consoles.. it was mostly regular PS4s and some Xbox bundles.

I recently received a temp ban here for saying I didn't like the Wii or its controller in a 'Happy 10th Wii Bday' thread.  I guess I missed the hidden rule here that we can only criticize the Xbox brand and everyone else is off limits.

User was warned for this post ~ CGI

Great news! Sony are very smart bundling those 3 games. Ratchet and TLOU are already very cheap to buy but epic games. They've made their profit. Uncharted 4 has made big profit but is still valued at a decent price. But they need a current game to bundle so it fits perfectly. What a great trio to bundle.

Ryng_Tolu said:
6-1 PS4/XBO ? wow

It won't come out as this ☺