By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Alienating loyal users. Some advice before I leave VGchartz.

I was banned 5 days for not praising the NX with every word I write and proclaimed to be an NX hater despite saying in multiple posts and threads how much I like the Switch and how I will even preorder it.

If I left because of all the ridiculous bans on here that means the mods win.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

You get banned? I'm a little jealous. Sometimes I say things that some might not get away with but I usually forgo any personal attacks. Sometimes I just like to push it to the limit and see what happens. Believe only been banned once for what I said (should have been at least twice) but requested a few bans in past.

Try vizioneck.

I don't really know you and I don't a lot about your mod history, but I appreciate your feedback. Banning someone can sometimes be a very though judgment call, because some people can step on the line, sway, but never cross it in a way it becomes obvious the action is warranted a ban.

But I encourage you not to leave. I do find it's not the best of solutions to help the mod team become better and more competent in dealing with various situations. You do have the right to challenge a moderation, and you are in your right to contact various mods if you feel there is abuse on your part. It'll be a pleasure to help you. We're here to keep the peace, but also serve the users in a REASONABLE way. Remember that there are hundreds, thousands of users on this site. And remember that dealing with written posts is a lot harder that dealing with someone face to face.

Thank you for your time over here. I'm sad we failed you.

guiduc said:
You do have the right to challenge a moderation, and you are in your right to contact various mods if you feel there is abuse on your part.

This becomes extremely difficult when you are locked out of your account, not even the ability to PM someone. Instead your only option is to send an email, who knows who'll end up reading that, potentially the moderator you've had a problem with in the first place.

Around the Network

Didn't know they banned people on vgchartz! 😨

onionberry said:
Moderation here is crazy, more than neogaf. Oh well, shit happends i guess

I think the issue is moderators have sort of absolute power...

Barkley said:
guiduc said:
You do have the right to challenge a moderation, and you are in your right to contact various mods if you feel there is abuse on your part.

This becomes extremely difficult when you are locked out of your account, not even the ability to PM someone. Instead your only option is to send an email, who knows who'll end up reading that, potentially the moderator you've had a problem with in the first place.

Well, that would be a suggestion to make. Some sort of contact email to challenge moderations. I just fear some people could abuse from it.

Also, when the ban is done, the user can come to other moderators for help if he feels there is blatant abuse. Of course you are locked out of your account for a while, but there is a way after to stem abuse by contacting other mods.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Vgchartz still have a problem that probably will never be resolved probably.

There is a particular fanbase of a certain brand here that if you say something negative about that brand they gang and start mass reporting you, when this hapens you better believe the mods that like that certain brand and have friends from that fanbase will ban you and are capable of inventing a reason just to write some shit on the ban note.

Still remember Last E3 where everything you said about zelda that was not praising the game like it was the second coming of jesus received mass reports. I know because a butterfly warned me of this

But neogaf is way worse than here believe me, WAY worse.

If you've convinced yourself that this type of behavior is in any way exclusive to one particular group of fans, then the site is better of without you