By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Least favourite/most disliked Nintendo console?

So, which was it?

The NES. 29 3.98%

The SNES. 8 1.10%

The Nintendo64. 70 9.62%

The Gamecube. 73 10.03%

The Wii. 161 22.12%

The WiiU. 207 28.43%

The Nintendo Switch. 15 2.06%

Anything else not included above. 39 5.36%

Nintendo's toys in their Love Hotels. 23 3.16%

Show me the results! 103 14.15%

Total:728

Havnt really disliked any of them..... Might actually be the Wii U.

For its time, its the most dissapointing home console from them.

That said the wii u does have some good games though.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
RavenXtra said:
The GameCube. Didn't care for a lot of the first party games, just didn't click with me. Only thing that redeems it are Double Dash, Melee, and all the mainline RE's up to 4.

Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2 was an awesome launch game.  Also, enjoyed the first two Super Monkey Balls (after those two I stopped buying games in the series).  Luigi's Mansion was nice but not everyone's cup of tea.  Burnout 2 was a pretty bad ass game on GC.  Animal Crossing got its western release on the GC which even had about 10 or so NES games that you could play).  Oh and it also had a game that was on PS2 called... Ikaruga.

I think part of what hurt GameCube's appeal to me is that the 3rd party games really didn't matter so much because I also had an Xbox that I played most of the multi-platform 3rd party games on. I can't speak for Rogue Squadron since I never played it, but considering the library I don't disagree with others liking the GameCube, it just didn't have that same affect on me for some reason. 

Pavolink said:
Wii U.
JRPGfan said:
Havnt really disliked any of them..... but would probably be N64 or Wii U.

You lazy people, at least type one single reason!

Wright said:
Pavolink said:
Wii U.
JRPGfan said:
Havnt really disliked any of them..... but would probably be N64 or Wii U.

You lazy people, at least type one single reason!

Dull library.

Games nobody asked for.

Delays and droughts.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Wright said:

So, what's your pick, and why?

Voted Wii U.

I think it comes down to the games.

Its basically dead by now, and I didnt get my collecthaton styled Mario game (SM3DW kinda a let down from galaxy imo).

I didnt get a new fresh zelda game on it. It sounds bad but those 2 games alone can make a nintendo console great or not.

Around the Network

Wii U

Wii was great for 3 years and genuinely exciting & innovative.
Gamecube was best of the 64bit platforms in terms of overall content
N64 essentially made me who I am.

Didn't own NES/SNES but they had tons of great franchises on them.

The... Wii U maybe? And the reason would be I spent the least amount time on it?

I have a hard time picking, as I have fond memories with all of the consoles. It's just the least with the Wii U, I suppose.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Voted Wii U. The droughts were terrible. Just terrible. Even during the Wii droughts we still had games like No More Heroes and Black Ops. Its sickening to know how bad the last 2 years has been for Wii U. They could have rolled out after XCX launched and people would have said that Wii U got solid support for its 3 years. Instead we're suffering for the next 2 years while they make Wii U ports for Switch. Thanks Nintendo.

bunchanumbers said:
Voted Wii U. The droughts were terrible. Just terrible. Even during the Wii droughts we still had games like No More Heroes and Black Ops. Its sickening to know how bad the last 2 years has been for Wii U. They could have rolled out after XCX launched and people would have said that Wii U got solid support for its 3 years. Instead we're suffering for the next 2 years while they make Wii U ports for Switch. Thanks Nintendo.

Nintendo is pretty generous.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I don't really know how to explain it, but as someone that had tons of fun with the Wii, the Wii U just wasn't as fun. I think it's because it had less games and they took too much time to come out, and also because the concept itself wasn't that exciting anyways (We already had dual-screen gameplay on the DS). Other things like no GC games on the Virtual Console, poor Gamepad battery, pretty-but-slow interface, etc. also helped make it my least-favorite console.