By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 Pro performs pretty much like a $1000 PC, Hitman improved in every way on PS4 Pro

Ruler said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Why are we talking about Europe all off a sudden? I didn't see a Euro symbol anywhere...

Oh and 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tVsBhq

And that is just really quickly picking out stuff. You can get plenty of cheaper things like the PSU and etc

Oh and you can get a legit copy of Windows 7 for $22

https://www.kinguin.net/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=windows+7

And you can get a keyboard and mouse combo for $10

Oh and also... It doesn't perform like that lmao. It performs worse than an i5 + 1060 in most games

-no 1TB HD

-no latest Dualshock 4 

-no Blue Ray Drive 

those will increase the price by at least 200$ and many PS4 Pros are now sold below 400$

You do know 1TB hard drive costs $6 more right?

Why does it need DS4?

Why does a PC need a Bluray Drive to play games? Edit: Look at teh post below

And yea ps4 pro is sold below $400, doesn't mean it will perform like an i5 + 1060 which doesn't even cost $1000

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Here, I am a nice guy. I will throw in a Bluray Drive + 1TB Hard Drive while adjusting a few things to keep the $ amount around $1000

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vqsgQV

It even comes with the added benefit of being able to not only allowing you to write Bluray Disks, but also supports UHD (BDXL) Blurays!

Calm down, its a joke.

But it can do that tho.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

what part of it performs like a 1k PC does some of you peoples not understand?

He is not saying it performs exactly or better than a 1k PC, and yet some of yall is ready to get a rack attack lol.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Ruler said:
Pyro as Bill said:

$699 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883230155

includes a pc case, 1TB + 128 SSD + Civ6. Cheaper games, no online sub.

The 1060 alone is only $200. Assuming you already have an average PC, the 1060 is a steal compared to PS4 Pro. The inevitable 18 month upgrade will probably be half the cost too.

the guy in the video has a Corei7 5820K CPU and a 8GB GTX 1060 founders edition, plus 16gb ram. Thats way more than 700$. A GTX 1060 costs 300€ in europe.

Why you bring cheaper games into the arhument and paying for online? Physical console games are cheaper on consoles than on PC if you buy them used or wait for price reductions on ebay or amazon

Well that's more than you really need for a graphics card of that level, I'd guess. I'm pretty sure an i7 is an overkill for most games, a Founders Edition card is basically an early access card with a higher price tag, and I think 16 GB of RAM is more than you really need for that performance. That said, RAM is pretty cheap, so it'd be foolish to not get 16 GB at this point. Just because someone has a system with those components doesn't mean it's what you really need to get that performance.

The price of (individual) games is generally lower on PC, and I don't think there's a way around it. Of course depending on your buying habits consoles games could be cheaper, but in general games are still cheaper on PC. As for the bigger price argument, there's a lot of factors. The amount of games, your buying habits with them, the price of online gaming, other need for a PC, and a lot of other factors affect the whole quite a bit. It's probably less relevant than before due to the rising popularity of laptops and tablets, but a lot of times people need a PC anyway, so in those cases it's not fair to say the whole cost of a new PC is because of gaming. A part of that goes for other stuff. Those are petty little details though; my point is that the whole price issue really isn't as black and white as people often think. The entry cost is just one part of the cost, but it's the part that's the easiest to see.

This thread is a joke.

I can play Overwatch at 4K/60/Ultra on my 1070 with a 3 year old 4670K.

I could build my whole PC with OS for $800 right now and it absolutely destroys PS4 Pro.

I could also build a PS4 Pro equivalent PC for $500.

The Pro is a great value at $400 but it's on par with a $500 PC.

Also, who the hell is going to pair a $400 i7-5820K with a 1060?

If you Bought a 6600K with a 1070 for the same price you can get almost 50% more performance.

Can't you just enjoy the new console without trying to equate it to a PC that costs twice as much?

Around the Network
Ruler said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Why are we talking about Europe all off a sudden? I didn't see a Euro symbol anywhere...

Oh and 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tVsBhq

And that is just really quickly picking out stuff. You can get plenty of cheaper things like the PSU and etc

Oh and you can get a legit copy of Windows 7 for $22

https://www.kinguin.net/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=windows+7

And you can get a keyboard and mouse combo for $10

Oh and also... It doesn't perform like that lmao. It performs worse than an i5 + 1060 in most games

-no 1TB HD

-no latest Dualshock 4 

-no Blue Ray Drive 

those will increase the price by at least 200$ and many PS4 Pros are now sold below 400$

Storage space is half-free, you don't need a DS4 (you're good to go if you have any controller from the past decade or so, and you can always use your existing mouse and keybaord), and a Blu-ray drive is necessary only if you intend to use your PC as a Blu-ray player. The chances are that if you're interested in Blu-ray, you already have a BD player and don't need a BD drive for PC. But if for some reason you still insist you need all those, it's still less than $150 more and not $200 like you said. Without a BD drive, it's probably an increase of $60 or so. I don't really disagree with your point, but come on, that's an unnecessary exaggeration! First you add some totally unnecessary stuff, then exaggerate the price as well.

deskpro2k3 said:

He is not saying it performs exactly or better than a 1k PC, and yet some of yall is ready to get a rack attack lol.

I'm watching Yuri with builds and other such data, I wouldn't say that's a form of "attack".

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

deskpro2k3 said:

Perhaps the OP should have said it performs like a poorly specced 1k PC. I don't see any attacks here, pointing out the mistakes is not an attack.

Here is a PC for $479 (get the $22 Windows 10 deal) that will outperform a PS4 Pro.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gd9pm8

It's got:

A processor that shits all over the Pro's processor

A better GPU

A Blu Ray drive

A keyboard and mouse

1TB HDD

8GB of Ram

Everything the Pro offers and more for $479.

Please stop with these delusional comparisons.

Dishonored 2 looks waaay better on my pc than watchdogs does on my wii u. This obviously is relavent to every pc/console comparison discussion.

Happy thanksgiving everyone, and may Mei never freeze you with her q attack.